Friday, May 20, 2016

BEGINNING

                        I am so thankful for a new day that is a chance to begin again.

After saying sorry many times I am sure the Prime Minister is thankful for the chance to move on

Dad will be beginning to carry on the goal of cutting down these huge cedar trees.
Behind him is a pile of old branches that need to be bundled up for the compost.
The whole thing is a mighty big job.  He likes to work on his own doing things at his own speed.

If we go back in time we would see the nothingness that existed before creation.
No Universe
No life
No light
No breath
Until Love blew life into the darkness and day by day the Creator created all that is and all that will be.

The water that covers everything is parted and land with its mountains, its valleys. its deserts become a reality.  One by one creation unfolds so that there is light both for the day and lights in the skies for the evening.  This light will also give off heat.  The earth is put in just the right place to feel the benefit of warmth and also the coolness that night can bring.

The stars so amazing will guide so many in their earthly discoveries.

The stars that raise searching eyes to the heavens looking for hopes and dreams to come true.

I am thankful for yesterday.
I am thankful for the visit of Leah.
She had a tour of all that dad had been doing.

I am thankful for this new day that began with prayer and continues with a walk and lots of house cleaning. 

My walk in closet is a disaster area where a lot of junk has been thrown to be gone through at a later time.  A tough enough job for me.

I rethought my blog that I put on yesterday which I am thankful that my words are able to disappear.

4 comments:

Mama Lee said...

I've been busy dealing with 'stuff' this morning so it was nice to read your blog about Creation. It made me take some time to look out the window & check out the sky, the water, the flowers, birds & people walking & driving by. We are lucky to live in such a lovely place.
Hope you 2 have a wonderful long weekend!
Love, Lee

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, your blog today makes me wonder how it all began....made me think of Genesis, in the beginning....one has to wonder if God really knew what the world would be like today, when he started it all, many many years ago.

Our church is having a heritage day and they requested people write their memories and they are being made into a little book.
Your blog today made me think of how times have changed even from the days when I was a kid, out here for the summer. I really missed my piano so I would go to St. Michael's church and play the pump organ. It took a while to learn how to make the bellows work..with two pedals.

I played the hymns I knew from my church in Winnipeg and it was great fun. There was a feeling of reverence....just me and the music and the sun streaming in the windows..making shafts of sunlight with specks of dust dancing in them. Magical times. Sometimes passersby would come in and sit for a while listening to the music.

A beautiful day here...hot 29C. Little wind and quite dry. I worked outside in the garden planting flowers. Beautiful pansies in purples, and whites. Tomorrow I will work in the deck boxes, planting veggies and herbs. Max and Bella really enjoyed their time outside with me. Now I have to do tick patrol!

Your closet sounds like my pantry...it is mostly a storage area because it is large...and it is needing to be sorted out. One of these days!

Have a lovely evening, Beth,

Love, Nancy


Anonymous said...

Jassy got her hair cut yesterday, they took about 3inches off. I have five days off after my 5 am shifts. Hobey called to ask for help booking his trip to Denmark to see his girlfriend Nana. That's a big job for Dad.Maybe he can rent a tree shreeder to get rid of the branches.
ken

beth bennett said...

How does Jassy feel with her hair cut.

Much easier to do,

It is very hard work for dad but it is also good feeling
which work often is.

Enjoy your days off and let us know the results of your tests.

love mom