Thursday, May 12, 2016

WORRIED

Yes dad and I are very worried about Ken.
Dad sent a text message wondering how he is coping with the painful muscles and when the results of his next test will be.  Having low Cretonne levels does not sound good.

He and Melina have a lot of stress with the children and the different work schedules.

I am praying for them both.

Ken has an appointment on May 20.

This picture is of the trunk of a huge tree that was recently chopped down and now another is planted.  The owner is Chinese and is taking great delight watering her plants every morning.

The church group is one that meets every other week and I have missed the last two with doctor's appointments.  When I arrived they were all chatting away as they wrapped up little gift bags to give out at the dinner we put on in a very poor neighborhood.  We also give free clothes and food daily.  It is hard for people on a low income to provide for their families.

Dad has to remind me of the time whenever we have to leave as I always seem to be slow at getting ready.  My church family is very important to me and always will be.

I was thinking what if people greeted you at the door not with a big welcome and a hug but with a question.  "What brings you here to-day.?"  How cold and unwelcoming that would feel.
I certainly want to feel connected to others who share my beliefs.  I want to know how they are doing.  I want to feel a deeper connection to God through the prayers and the hymns.  It is a time to listen and feel a calmness instead of a restlessness of every day activity.  Sometimes I feel the need to confess my failings knowing that forgiveness is waiting for me always.  Sometimes a quiet place to pray.     Sometimes I just need a hug!

Maybe the question when we get to heaven will be "Have you learned to love?
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ok. Get the next blood test on the 20th may. Creatine kinase (CK) is what I tested high. I am watching the hockey game before I go to work for my last late shift.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Such a pretty little garden the Chinese lady has in place of the large tree. I will bring cheer to all those who pass by as I am sure your lovely front garden does too, Beth.

Sorry to hear of Ken's health issue....I am glad that they caught the high Creatine and hope that they are able to give him some relief from the muscle pain and find out that the cause is nothing to worry about. I will keep him in my prayers...balancing two parents who work shifts and two small children isn't an easy job.

We woke up to snow this morning. YES on May 13th! The ground is white and the poor birds are desperate to find something to eat. I took seeds out as soon as I got up. The snow won't last long, but this is late for snow. The wind is whipping it around it in swirls.

I hope the tiny new leaves will survive, especially the berry producing ones...such as blueberries. There have been years when they are frozen and they are very few berries for the birds and animals as well as us, people.

I am off to St. Georges for a meeting and then lunch...wishing you a wonderful day filled with things you like to do!

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I think it is the worst being away when someone is sick and you can not do anything constructive to help.

I never wanted the pool, would rather have the yard for flowers, bushes and trees.

I will drop by maybe tomorrow to give Kimberly keys to the house.

Sandra