Wednesday, May 4, 2016

TRAGIC

The bigger picture.

The news of the fire burning all around Fort McMurray
is frightening and so very tragic.  As they are fleeing the smoke and the flames death must seem very real and very close .I am so thankful for my safe little home and that none of my children are near there anymore.  Rick worked there as did Oliver and Stephan, I think, years ago.

Scripture says when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned.
the flames shall not set you ablaze. 
Do not be afraid for I am with you.   Isaiah  43:3,5

There is no way to know who you really are with your very own strengths and weaknesses unless you have faced tragedy and suffering.  When you are fleeing for your life and the lives of your family and pets you realize what is really important.  A faith in a God of mercy and compassion has the power to fortify even the weakest of us.

My journey's with dad in the airplane with menacing skies above and unsure destinations ahead seemed almost life-threatening as did some of our winter journeys back and forth  to Calgary and Regina.   Very stormy weather!  

 I prayed a lot for courage and wisdom and skill for dad!


Many will be pouring there hearts out for each family as they travel together to find a safe place and to continue to trust that God will be with them in the days ahead.  This does not mean that we will for feel sadness and even anger but express our feelings and find that life carries on.

None of us want to go through fiery trails and certainly not alone. but a loving presence with us in times of tragedy and suffering. and the prayer of others,

I am sure in our hearts we are all praying for them and in the difficult tragic days ahead.



"I'll never, no never, no never forsake"  the words from a loving God
words of faith spoken in a hymn . 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

And I was saying to Randy, it take so long to grow trees there that this will change the look of the city for a very long time to come. I guess I look at houses and what not are replaceable, but the trees no.

I too am glad that we have no one up there.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

OOohh I see a lovely garden...a rock garden that fills your front yard, Beth. You have put a lot of hard work into this...creating it and maintaining it. What is that large bush on the left side? So pretty with the magenta flowers. A rhododendron? Huge! I am sure it gives a lot of pleasure to the passers-by

Yes, it is so tragic...seeing the terrifying videos and hearing the reports of people who have had to escape with only the clothes on the back. There are two men from here who live and work in Fort McMurray...they fled with their families and are OK

We are on alert here....it is very dry and I have a few things packed in case we have to leave in a hurry. I have a list made.
The pet porters are ready to go too. Hopefully we won't have to...but it is nerve wracking knowing the cottagers will be out in droves this weekend. Our population goes from 400 to a couple thousand.

Love, Nancy