Wednesday, September 21, 2016

FUTURE

An early morning drive to the hospital.
Looking relaxed


Sandra left and Panteli and Carol arrived.

Dad is happy to have visitors.
Would you believe dad was still talking as they put him to sleep!

The future now looks brighter knowing that nasty gall bladder is out.
I know the next few days are very important making sure we follow instructions especially the diet.
The next day dad felt a little worse but I am sure that is common.
Thankfully he has ken hear and hockey to watch.
He can even sit out in the warm sun shine.

I think it is good that we do not know what our future will bring but when we look back will appreciate all the blessings we have been given.

I am reminded of  the movie "A Wonderful Life".  He felt bad because his dreams were not fulfilled and he had not been a help to any one.  He is shown by the angel how his life changed and improved the life of others.  Let us be thankful for every precious moment.

We want to hear God's voice and I believe if we could hear He would be saying.: "Let me love you."






4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I sure Dad found somebody from Saskatchewan in the operating room to talk to before the lights went out. Totally characteristic. :) And not a bad thing, either.

Love,

Rick

Unknown said...

l am amazed that Larry came home so quickly. Things certainly have changed in the way medicine is practiced .May his recovery continue smoothly and may you Beth not become too tired in such a busy household. much love to you both. Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

Smooth it is! It is so nice to see how the Bennett family all gather around and share support and their love.

Great photos of Larry and the "kids"!

I would think he will be feeling a little bit better today...the first three days are usually the worst. Keep up the good work Larry! You too, Beth, looking after the patient! It is so nice of Ken to make the journey to be with you for this and for your big anniversary celebration. What day is that Beth?

Today I start teaching two new piano students and it is exciting for this old teacher as well as the kids. I have been teaching music for over 50 years...with the Royal Conservatory of Music....I received my teaching diploma. ARCT at age 16.

I just wish families today would take piano lessons more seriously.
Years ago piano lessons were very important and students were well prepared for their lessons...these days most are not interested in piano lessons or the parents don't encourage the children to practice.

Another thing to fall to the computer age...cell phones, games and texting.

Well I have to get busy and look through my music and get ready....wishing you a super day and another healing day for Larry...be sure and not overdo things Larry..lots of rest!

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Where are the hour by hour updates on dad and food he is eating? How is Melina?

Sandra