Monday, September 26, 2016

PICTURE PERFECT

Dad is improving!

A perfect day for the party on Sunday as we  walk over to the park across from Sandra's and Randy's to take pictures.  My pictures imperfect because the lens was dirty.
  Our family gathered to celebrate our anniversary. 
  Wonderful to have Ken and Rick travel from home to join in and create this amazing memory.

Theresa giving directions to her brother and sister.  Kim has been helping Sandra organize the whole party. 

Oliver travelled over on the ferry to be with us.  He had had a bad accident a few days earlier riding his bike when a dear ran right in front of him and sent him flying onto to shoulder and ear.  His ear has been damage.

Everyone has a chance to hold baby.


Always a lot of food!
They are not looking at me but they are smiling.
Rick waiting to hear his test results.
Our great grand kids.  Leah is in front of her dad and then Oliver, Kim and Tasha.
Rick behind Craig and Leah.

We survived the wedding stress and the move to a new city to build a marriage still in progress.
I have to pinch myself when I think of all the years that have flown by.
Many great joys with some difficult patches and some sad times.

What started as romance has ended in becoming best friends!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations .It looks as if you had a great celebration with so many of the family gathered together coming from far and wide.How the years fly by and our families grow. Hoping to see you soon and continue the celebration of both of our anniversaries. Much love and hopes for many more happy times. Jane.

Sandra said...

I am hoping maybe Carol or Theresa got some nicer pictures that are good enough to print.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

What a wonderful party! A celebration of 60 years of marriage doesn't happen very often! Congratulations Larry and Beth. That is quite an achievement.
I really enjoyed the photos...and your dress is beautiful Beth...blue is a good colour for you. It look to be a beautiful day for a celeration!

We will have our 55th anniversary in October.You are right...how marriage mellow into being best friends. Well, best friends most of the time...hahaha....there are times when we don't agree! But I am sure everyone has those times too.

We finally have a car after two months. Our insurance claim was denied so we had to buy an older used car and we found a really good one. It is a Buick, 2008 four door car, with low mileage. It has an amazingly smooth ride and is very quiet inside. Very different from the trucks and vans we have always had....for Carl's business.

We had the first frost last night so the timing couldn't be better...I will wash and clean the Volkswagon bug, that my friend, Susan, lent me for the two months....now that sure is a friend! I am so grateful to her. I will gas it up and give her a voucher for an oil change. Plus some flowers!

Isn't it wonderful to have Ken go shopping with you? All your adult children are so good to you and Larry..us too, ours are always there to help. We are blessed aren't we? When does he go back to Australia? I am sure you will miss him.

Well we were going to go to Winnipeg today to do errands, but my mouth is too sore. I have a hard time talking and eating.
The abscess came back. The antibiotics weren't long enough...and it has been extremely painful for 5 days.
I saw the dentist yesterday and had a gruelling session where he filled two teeth...which really aggravated the abscess.
I could have gone another time...but the drive is 200 kms, so toughed it out. So we decided to go to Winnipeg tomorrow.I will take the "bug" over to Pine Falls and wash and vacuum it.

I wish you a wonderful day. Hope you get out for a walk.

Love, Nancy