Saturday, September 17, 2016

MOODS


Many things can affect our moods.
Sunshine on a fall day is a mood brightener.

Watching the harvest moon become bigger and bigger makes me aware of the miracle of the stars and the heavens.  There seems to be a mystery beyond which we cannot see and yearn to experience.

I have a good family doctor who I am very grateful for.  Most times I feel that I have been listened to with respect and caring.  Although there have been times when I felt rushed and left dissatisfied.  I realize that he has a busy schedule and often seems weary.

Yesterday I went not knowing.  He was running late which is not unusual.  I told him as he came in the door I would be quick and I knew exactly what I wanted.  Yes I needed a prescription refilled but after asking a few questions he decided it needed to be changed.  I also told him that I needed to have his support if I am going to improve my health not just let it go along with what seems like an okay but slowly fading existence.

I felt he listened and it was a good visit.

I was in a good mood when I left and even standing waiting at the check out at the store did not cause me to feel impatient.  A lady was hold up the line by complaining about a price.  The line was growing longer behind me and the check out girl called for help, which did not come.  It was causing her stress too.  The problem was solved and I was on my way home with a cheerful attitude.

Reading about Jesus told the disciples they would get in the boat and cross to the other side.  I think they were all excited thinking it would be a time to see new miracles and hear more about the good news.  A great storm churned up huge waves and they became fearful for their lives while Jesus was asleep in the stern. 

Jesus calms the wind and the waves and this terrifies them even more.  He rebukes them for their lack of faith.

"Jesus is teaching them from a place of rest.  He is telling us that when the storms of like come, we can trust him.  Their is no fear in Jesus, only annoyance.  We can look at his attitude of peace and find rest for our souls."  -Judah Smith

Yes we are all human and makes mistakes especially when we do not realize there will always be more lessons to be learned,  as I for one learn not to be afraid.  We are not always aware of the changes within us until a situation reveals to us what we really believe!

Yes I am off to the blood clinic with a rumbling stomach and a headache.  My mood will be on a low edge but will change once I am back home again.

If those fearful disciples can change to men of faith willing to lose their lives for their beliefs I know there is hope for me too!

Dad worked hard cutting the front grass and trimming the edge.  It grows very fast and he did a good job.  Kim came by to pick up some pottery and we both had naps.  She would be working late and she has a pottery sale today.  Busy girl!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

l am so glad that you feel confident in your relationship with your doctor . l am not sure about how l feel about our new Dr. she seems to order tests but does' t follow up on them but it is early days in our relationship so l will not pass judgment.We seem to have a large number of workers who are concerned about our well being which is remarkable but l have trouble in sorting out which particular area they cover l need help in navigating the systems.They seem to go over the same ground and do not communicate with each other . Anyway thats enough crumbling. Hope you feel better when you get home after the miserable blood work. Love jane.

Anonymous said...

Last night of work for me today. I fly out Via LA at 11:50am. Melina and the kids stayed at Nonna's last night. Jesse had his 18th birthday party . Jasmine was in her element following all the girls around. I think the got to bed after midnight. I came home to look after our dogs. We got a$622 fine when the dogs got out last week.not including the $220 to get them out of the pound.🐕

Don't do too much around the house mom ,take it easy , I hope your toe is improving and dads tummy settles down.
Ken

Sandra said...

Very wet start to the day, in more ways than one. Lucy is not able to control her bladder at night, even with walks before bed, and it is making for very tedious work every morning. On top of the regular stuff. On top of the kitten.

Randy and I went and added earth quake insurance to our house since we will have so much invested into it after we do our renovations.

Quick stop at home depot then over to Sukhis to visit with her and Tamara.

I am hoping we can stop by some time tomorrow, but don't count on it.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Awe, it is so sad when our pets get old and they have problems. Poor Sandra having to deal with this first thing in the morning. You are in my thoughts, Sandra. My son's dog is 14 and having a difficult time getting up and on stairs. She is slowing down.

Wow, poor Ken, that is an awful lot of money for a fine and the dog pound. ouch. Good that they made their way back home! Albeit via the pound.

We painted the harvest moon at the teen class today. We did it in analogous colours...all blues with indigo being the dark blue. The white moon and the white reflections on the water were the white of the paper...no white paint! That is the traditional English method of painting in watercolours.
The kids did a bang up job and the lesson wasn't easy...but they have had lots of lessons already with me.

We had a guest...one of my art students brought her exchange student. She is from Spain. We had such an enjoyable time visiting while we painted and learning about her family and Spanish customs. She is 16 and going to grade 11 here for 3 months. My art student will be going to Spain for three months after Christmas. How wonderful that the world has become so much smaller now and people travel all over. When we were young it wouldn't have happened.

Well, we are watching the Blue Jays again....then off to bed to read my Philippa Gregory book. It is getting interesting now!

Love, Nancy