Wednesday, September 7, 2016

WALKERS

It is great to be walking with all the young people going back to school.

I did not walk this morning as meetings have started up at the church.  Today was U.C.W. and it was a small but interesting group with lots of laughter and different opinions.   You would be amazed at all the topics we touch on and I always learn a lot.  I learnt that I can get my hearing tested at the hospital for free and that Costco has good prices on hearing aids.  Both dad and I sure need them and trying so hard to  listen can be draining.  I go to the doctor next Friday and dad has to go to the hospital for a heart exam and blood tests before his surgery.  He also has a phone appointment to talk to a nurse about his operation.  We will do all this next week.

Our friends Pat and John got lost in the Watershed park which is hard to believe but there are more paths being made by the bikers and it is easy to get confused.  No, I do not walk there as I would be tired out before I even got there.  There are strange people around even in our nice area so I would not be comfortable walking there on my own.

Kim walked in to visit us as she has an evening class now on Wed.  Lots to catch up with as she is a busy young lady.

Most stories in the Old Testament reveal the ugly false self or ego that causes wars and suffering .  we can learn from these bad examples. 

To walk the path of true religion will take us from religion as a mere belief or moral righteousness  to a new way of knowing, of being compassionate with our selves as well as others.   




2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Walkers, isn't it nice to be able to walk in cooler temperatures? It often was too hot to walk the dogs this summer. We had a very stormy and humid summer this year and so glad that Autumn has arrived.

Glad to hear you are back at the church group meetings.I know you enjoy them a lot!

Yes, there always is a lot of prep before surgeries....anesthetist, nurse, physio therapists, lab tests, xrays, heart tests too...
It will be good to get it all over with and Larry can start the recovery.

I am off to the dentist today...third trip for the root canal. Not looking forward to it...but it has to be done. I wish God could have made us with teeth with no nerves and no cavities.
Can you imagine how people used to suffer before we had dentists? When I was young they rarely used freezing....sure glad times have changed.

Have a great day!

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Have you gotten over to see Leah and the new baby yet?

Looks like we are in for a nice stretch of fall weather so should be getting lots of walks in.

Sandra