Saturday, September 17, 2016

WARMTH

My early morning walk to the blood clinic was a chilly one.  The thing is if you drive you have to park so far away you might as well walk.  The girl that looked after me was from the Philippines.
She was very good at her job and it was not painful at all.  I was glad to get home to my warm house.
Even then I felt a chill the rest of the day.  The good news is that the first results show improvement.

At noon carol picked me up to go to Campbell River Park where there was a fall fair.  It was too bad it was a rainy chilly day and the wise people who set up their stalls in the tents were wearing boots.  Kim had some of her pottery on display for sale. Walking around seeing all the creative work people had done was amazing.  I should have taken pictures and regretted it after words.
We plan on attending church where we are always greeted with such warmth!

Thankful for a warm home and a warm family and friends!

For me there is something just healing and comfortable being there!  I can just be myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

l am glad to hear that your first results are positive and that you wERE ABLE TO ENYOJ THE FALL FAIR INSPITE OF THE POOR WEATHER. l went to an alzheimer society seminar put on to help care givers cope. lt was very helpful and the seminars will continue over the next three Saturdays. We will be going to church this morning.We are becoming increasingly at home at West Van. United. with loving thoughts . jane.

nancy-Lou said...

Kim's pottery looks lovely...beautiful shapes and colours. Well done Kim..hope you sold a lot! How nice to be able to go to the outdoor market. We have a very well attended one here, but it is over for the season now. Next year I plan on attending every Saturday...will demo painting if it is slow. That always attracts people!

Well that is good news regarding your blood test. I wish we could just walk to our clinic! Everything is so far from here...involving long drives. Saturday there were three people killed and 11 seriously injured in traffic accidents in Manitoba. The incidence of accidents has really increased lately and the police are really worried about it.

I see Jane is attending meetings for Alzheimer's. I wish there were meetings close to here. Carl has a form of Alzheimers called Louie Body Disease.... he has hallucinations that are very real to him...times of confusion too, emotional outbursts and yet a lot of times when he is quite rational as well. Glad to hear the meetings are helping Jane.

Love, Nancy