Saturday, July 28, 2012

A DAY


                                                     Early morning sunlight.

  I know that my life has not been full of  "near death experiences like dads" but it has had it's dramatic moments or funny moments.  Like the morning we took off for Chilliwack leaving the garage door wide open but the front door carefully locked.  We rememberd we had forgot and turned around to close it.

We also forgot the tiny little yellow rose that was my birthday prenent.at Theresaand Mikie's

 I did remember my new hat and lots of gluten free goodies.  Also have a nice new sun hat to wear which I did on my morning walk.   I have a book of Bible crossword puzzles that will help me brush up on what I do not remember.  I started Thrusday to work on it.



"Help us to still ourselves, Holy One,
.Our hearts, too, need rest, from worry and
from the lists of things we want to do and often go unfineshed.

May we find in the centre of our hearts,
where the stillness pours over us and love waits for us.
That we might be refreshed and made new.
As light into Light we pray.
Amen"

Taken from my book on prayer called "AMEN"

In this world of sin and sorrow we are all touched by brokenness.  I believe that this world is only a shadow of the next which will be without pain and sorrow.  No one knows but for some reason this gives me hope.  Everything with be restored and new.  I would say that Jesus becomes the light into this new reality.

I think the teachings of Jesus were meant to make people think and also to be different.  In the gospel of John we discover mystical and symbolic teaching.  Miracles are signs that have deep meaning.  Jesus did let his light shine and it shone so brightly that he did become for John the "light of the world"  Did he say it in words or in his actions? 

Our challenge is to discover what speaks to our hearts and to live out of that t ruth. 

So what did I do on Friday?  I exchanged birthday gifts and news with Jane.  Then I had a visit with my old neighbor Pearle whose foot has finally healed and that was good news,  Kim went to pick up her friend at the bus stop and then they headed into town to visit their friend Nicole.  We had an interesting visit before they left.  Dad is trying to get our answering machine to answer.


                              Love is both inward and outward.  Treat even your enemies fairly.

           

No comments: