Wednesday, July 4, 2012

FEET FIRST

                                       ONE LITTLE WATER LILY IN OUR POND.

The sun is shining and the word is encouraging that it is going to get warmer.  I thought I heard someone get up so I got up but all is quiet.  Should I go back to bed or for a walk?  I quess I will wait.

I decided I had better get spruced up for the summer.  So yesterday morning I started with my feet.  Dad also was taking care of his feet by soaking them in his foot wash container.  They seemed a bit better. We started to watch a Columbo movie while we were taking it easy and waiting for Carol and Panteli.

Panteli arrived first after leaving Carol down at Winners.  A good place to buy some summer clothes and get some good buys.

Theresa and Morgan have both been sick so I hope they are having a good rest now.  Morgan is having her birthday party on Saturday.

I have mailed all my July birthday cards out I hope.  Some will be early but otherwise I can forget until the day arrives and then  realize it is too late.

It is nice to have Sandra home and she has invited us over on Sunday which is the day Carol leaves.  I will find out when they wake up what is a good time on Sunday for them to come over.

Rick tried to get in touch with Carol but she is in and out.  Maybe this morning would be better.  I know they have some plans for today.

I am reading about the healing power of meditation.  The first thing one can feel is all the tension and stress we are feeling inside us and then try to let it go. Something as simple as taking a deep breath and being thankful for the day!  A simple prayer to begin the day.   I had a very relaxing morning yesterday and I am making it a habit to rest when I feel tired and so is dad.  We need our little naps and freely admit it.

This being said there is a wonder and a preciousness about just being alive!
Appreciating ourselves and each other.
Recognizing the moment-by-moment gift of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Ricky planning on a trip down? I forgot to send an invite to everyone for Sunday, but forget if we decided there was no one to invite anyways? I am so excited for the weekend and the sunshine! Oh, and I am going to drive to the lodge on Friday at around 9:30 if you and dad want to come for a drive, then we could go for lunch after? Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I would love to do that and maybe dad too. I am hoping for sunny weather too.

I am not sure what Carol and Panteli are doing.
love mom