Monday, July 2, 2012

REMINDER

                                I constantly remind myself of what is really important.

I just took the casserole out of the oven when dad decided it was such a sunny day we should drive into Ladner for some fish and chips on the Fraser River.  It was justas well we did because the next few days were cloudy again.  Every minute counts and since we are retired we can decide what we really want to do just go ahead and do it.

Sunday we had some skype, time which is great fun, with Ken and Melina and the children.  One by one their stuff animals appeared before us and Mathew may know them all but we guessed a few wrong.  I mistook a white dog for a white bear.  They are very happy children full of energy but they growing up too fast.  Both Ken and Melina have busy work schedules so it must be difficult and some days they hardly see each other.

The old Negro spiritual comes to mind "no one knows the troubles I've had" I think the words are.  So none of us really know what others have experienced or how that experience has shaped them.  We do not know why certain things happen especially to some of the best people we know.  Why?  The future is unknown to all of us but we still step into each day hopefully and gratefully.

I am grateful for the things dad and I can now do together.

  We enjoy our short walk around the small town of Ladner.  We have many family memories there as we used to go to a very small movie theater where the one woman did everything.

Yesterday morning  I meet Johanna on my walk and we had a delightful conversation and we walk about the same pace which is good.  Not to slow and not too fast.  I am hearing more and more about the story of her life and how she is over-coming her pain.  I think she is about 35 and has a daughter 15.  She would like to help others with what she has learned.  She renews my faith in human nature and in the power of the body to accept changes and to find healing in the change.  She reminds me of our Leah!

Even though we are up early the time to be leaving for church comes around very quickly.  We enjoyed the guest minister but had to leave early because dad had a stomach acke.  After watching the soccer the sun came out and dad ventured over to the park for a short walk.

We are looking forward to a visit from Leah as she drives back to Kamloops.  Craig and her went to celebrate Canada day yesterday with Susan and Chris.  I am fighting a nasty headache as I write and am not doing so well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your headache is better mom, I had one yesterday for hours.
Busy day at work, time flys.
ken