Monday, July 16, 2012

THE PICK UP

As a teen-ager I had the occasional car stop at the bus stop to ask if I would like a ride.

Sunday morning I just walked in front of this young man at the bus stop and put some trash in the can behind.  Just then dad pulls up and says to get in the car.  I do.  We speed off and I am sure the young man is thinking I am some old lady that should not be out walking.

The truth is that dad knew I was feeling a little out of sorts and also it was starting to rain so he had come looking for me.  I was only a few blocks from home and truthfully was glad of the ride.  So dad was the first one to be successful picking me up.

When we got home I decided I was not feeling churchy so we stayed home.  We were watching the bike racing on T.V. so ignored phone calls.  I was laying down having a nap and later in the afternoon did the rest of my route.

Later I heard there was a great party in Chilliwack on Saturday night and I wondered where?  Kim is there staying with Theresa.  I wonder if they heard about it?

Dad got our thermostat working so that was good; and later we drove down to Chapters where I gave in to temptation and bought several books. 

I was mixed up in my dates and now have things straight by checking the calender.  Here I was thinking my birthday was this Wed.

                                                         Saturday night sky.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beatiful night sky mom. Last night had a nice sunset from our house. Did you see all the rain that Spruce Grove and Stony Plain have been having? I am thinking that you man will be sure to tell his grama not to hang out at bus stops. Hope you and dad feel better today. I guess we both need young men to do our gardening for us these days. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Jasmine and Matty and Melina are all sick. jasmine has tonsillitis. They say they may take her tonsils out.
Ken

Anonymous said...

I have you guys on my mind lately. I hope they do not have to take them out. You had yours taken out because of your ear infections.

I will pray for you all.

love mom