Wednesday, July 18, 2012

PRAYER

An old window pane is put to use with a window box to hold flowers.
 It spoke to me and made me smile.  Yes, I think morning is the best time of the day and especially a good time to pray.

Wed. was a busy day with Kim arriving with Ben and Morgan.  The children went for a walk in the forest with dad.  He is doing so much better doing his exercises.  Sandra managed to remember to stop by and not just drive home.  Kim true to her word made supper for us all.

Morgan went to the store with Kim and myself and was very excited to spend her $5 and actually get money back which she then put in the candy machine.  The children are so quick it is hard for me to keep up with them.

Sandra had an exciting day at work with seals being flown over from Salt Spring by her company because they had been abandoned.  Sandra bossed me around as usual saying I should be doing yoga along with dad.  I know she is right but. . . . .

Anyway I have not done this very well too many things going on. 

I believe in this world of chaos and hopelessness prayer is needed more than ever.  Sometimes the road ahead seems dark and I need a little light.

Prayer has helped me in the past and even when it was years before the answer came, I found that prayer helped me live day to day; until it was discovered I had celiac. 

I do not pray alone but the spirit of Jesus prays with me and prompts me and I know many others are praying with me.  So if you happen to read this know I am praying for you.

 Like the old window frame that was painted and reused beauty lives on within us and around us.

I love the freshness of the early morning especial after it has rained at night. Although when I hear dad gently snoring in bed I sometimes I wish I was sleeping too!

 I am so thankful for each breath I take and the promise of this day.


Ben is up first this morning, Thursday, at 6.  Then Morgan and Kim wake up in about 20 minutes.  We all go for a nice morning walk.  They are having cereal and eggs for breakfast.  Theresa picks them up to go to the Ferry at 9. 

Why aren't you coming they ask.  Hard to explain to little ones how you feel when you are our age.  Walking is hard for grandpa and I get tired quickly especially when there are big groups and many things going on.

I will do my visiting today at the Seniors Home.








 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is good to be an old window pane. Lots of good in old things sometimes.

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

I didnt know Grandpa started doing yoga! that is fantastic. i must have missed that when reading your blog. I do agree with Sandy as well you should join him. What a lovely way to spend time with one another and reaping the many benefits that yoga has to offer. its always there for you no matter when you want it or dont want it. Its kinda like that one friend you love so much, you can not talk for a long long time but when you need to they are there and you pick right back up where you left off. :D

Glad you are all enjoying your visits! i am super excited to come down and visit soon, only a couple more months and the wedding bells will be ringing again.

Thank you for your blog. i look forward to reading it every day. And that flower bed with the window pane is very pretty, was it for sale? did you purchase it?

have a good day
XO

Anonymous said...

Well, Kimberly phoning and giving me the menu for the evening made it harder for me to forget. Grampa is just doing stretches Shandel, but as we all know, stretching is a gait way activity to yoga! Sandra