Sunday, July 8, 2012

DANGEROUS WATERS

                                                                Reading my blog!
 This is a spiritual and one may even say "religious blog!"  You will be getting into deep waters.
But it is also about our family who make our life interesting!  Happy Birthday Rick.  We were very new parents and you were the first one of four challenges!  You were also a miracle because you started out as a tubal pregnancy and you could have burst the tube at any time;  but you made your way down which was very painful for me, but all ended well!


Standing by the edge of this rushing turbulent waters  reminds me of life which can go along beautifully then all can change.  Before I know it I can get caught up in the unexpected and realize I need a life jacket.  Sometimes the water smooths out quickly and I am so thankful.

But at other times I realize that this is not going to be a one time prayer fixer.  There will be emotional ups and down, there will be doubt and uncertainty, even fear that makes me feel hopeless.
There are many troubles that we have to face, financial, sickness, job loss or change, relationship pain and misunderstandings. or even the loss of a loved one.

I love my family all so much I would love to protect them from difficult times but I cannot; so I try to reassure them they are loved and supported by our caring.  There is a higher power doing that same thing in each one of our lives whether we know it or not; or so I believe.



When you find this beautiful space that fills the soul with peace you have a desire to share it.
         We are all worthy of being loved. Jesus said keep the oil of love and joy in your lamp.

                    Our lamp within us shines into the darkness to  give
                     to each of us the courage and strength just when we need it.
I understand most people are offended by any talk of "God" but I am not trying to tell anyone they need to be saved because they are sinners but just trying to share from my heart.  Salvation is a journey to wholeness that each one of us takes in our own way.
Reader  beware!

Yes I do feel passionate and positive! ! !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice birthday card Mom. Thanks very much to you and Dad.

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

i enjoy your blog for all of those reasons you stated. i did not grow up under any particular religion and i think its interesting to hear about it. I want to take the time soon to read the bible. i have been doing a lot of reading into Buddhism and the yoga philosophy and i think knowing about Christianity would make things make more sense. so thank you for sharing. I learn quite a lot! :D
xo

Anonymous said...

I dont think most people are necesairily offended by the talk of god. But we all have our own ideas and opinions of god, spirituality and the unknown so when some person with a specific religion wants to TELL you what you need to think or feel it just kind of gets your hackles up. I understand where George is coming from, but chances are he would never get to know where I am coming from because his insistance on being right will not allow any other opinion to be heard. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Interesting comments today on religion...they reflect the way I see it too Beth. I played at church today, and we were blessed with a sermon by Canon Bill Duff....such a wonderful speaker...he draws you in and "keeps" you with his wonderful stories. Today he explained the meaning of communion...as Christ like to eat with his friends and share stories,and time together. Christ liked to eat,whereas John, "The Baptist " like to fast. Christ welcomed everyone to his table...prostitutes, beggars, thieves..all sharing together...the same as when Bill went over the dunes to the lake at sunrise and saw the eagles, crows, ravens and seagulls, all sharing a large dead fish. He also said, when you are feeling down, getting out and doing pastoral care was such a wonderful thing to do and sure makes one feel better. Giving of oneself to others in need ( as Christ did .)A very wise man. Of course I don't have your or his way with words ...but I think you will understand my words. It was a very meaningful service, at 9am, with the shafts of sunlight shining through the windows and the birds singing. How was your day? Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Rick .
Ken