Monday, July 9, 2012

BRIDGE

                                 BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER

Love is the bridge that keeeps us together even when we are apart.  I am so happy when I see my daughters enjoying each other, their family and their friends.  Their happiness is a blessing to me.

One of my favorite songs.  There are times and places when we need a bridge to cross over stormy waters.  I think the important part of the story about Jesus stilling the storm was that the he was not protected from the storm.  He did not sail through life with everyone being for him because he faced a lot of opposition.  Raging seas in the Old Testament are a symbol of chaos.

My neighbor Rosanna has just come out of hospital with serious blood clots in her lungs and is getting treatment every other day.  She has not been well for a year so finally they have found the cause and fortunately there is a treatment.  This will be on going treatment.  She nearly died and now she realizes she really wants to live.  Every day is precious!  None of us knows the future.  I am so thankful I stopped in to see her when I did.

Our strength is shown in our weakness and our frality.

Hebrew words stress action and effect rather than just a mental activity.  Hearing was extremely important because once you heard you acted upon it.  It is impotant to examine ourselves and revealed what kind of listeners we really are by our actions.  I am reminded of that myself constantly.

God works in mysterious ways!  So many times the right people have come into my life, like angels, to help me.

Time seems to be flowing by so quickly.  It seems like our daughter Carol just arrived and it was time to say good-bye.  We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Sandra and Rndy's home with lots of jokes and memories from the past.  I am still feeling the sadness of her leaving but I have joyful memories which mean a lot to me now.  I am happy that they are building lives of their own and finding life interesting and full.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is strange to think that it may be another year before we see Carol again.Like you say though, with so much always going on time is flying by. Except for Candice. Still no baby as of 5:30am when she last posted on Facebook.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you to Sandra and Randy and a wonderful farewell dinner for Carol. Also, tahnsk to Larry and Beth for their wonderful hosptality over the last few weeks.
And wonderful hosoitality from Theresa and Mike too! :)

I will be moving my things to Tsawwassen later today, taking care of a whiole bunch of things in the next week, and will be leaving to join Carol within a week or so unless something comes up. Also, I'm on stand-by to pick up Kim from the airport on Tuesday night. I guess I'll find out later today or tomorrow!

:)

Panteli

Anonymous said...

I bet Carol will miss Canada when she gets home and everyone is in Canada !! She is not coming to the wedding ? Looks like your in for a run of hot weather .
Ken

Anonymous said...

I just got an interesting book from the Jesus Seminar called "The Five Gospels: What Jesus Really Said".

Its always nice when you find out what was making you poorly. Whatever has been bothering me seems to have gone away and I'm now going to the gym most days. But makes me wonder when it will come back.

Love,

Rick