Monday, July 30, 2012

RELAXED


Sandra relaxes after a busy morning preparing a delicious lunch for us all.  We were able to eat out side and that made it even more enjoyable. She sure makes a big mess in her kitchen,probably a sign of a great cook. At first we wanted to be sitting right out in the sun but soon needed a little shade.  Her excuse for not being spotlessly clean in her appearance,  was that the hot water heater had quit.  She was fortunate to find some very good men able to come and re pare. it the next day.

We thought she looked fine.  It was too bad more of the family could not join us as there was so much good food.  There was a noodle dish, the name of which is unpronounceable, but very tasty.

We relaxed and had a fun time.  Dad spun us a few yarns, unbelievable of course..  Although he admits to being more forgetful and I know I am too.  True stories are the best and enrich our lives time and time again.  We treasure the happy moments of our past and find that in reliving we are reminded of what is important in life.  So much more to life than reason alone can explain.

Our sermon in church was about roots of faith that ground us in God's love and help us through difficult times.  If we are willing to listen and accept the abundance of God's love for each one of us even those who are wounded will find healing peace.

 Our uniqueness is what gives our lives value and meaning.


...thank you Sandra...

Today Kim is off shopping.  I need to rewrite the blog from yesterday.  The 75 year old was me meting and greeting a young 40 year old man and I try to walk a bit faster when I see him.  I have slowed down in my walking but I keep doing it everyday.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I need the shade too in the summertime.

Love,

Rick