Monday, July 23, 2012

SCREAMING

The world is full of such awesome color and beauty but even beauty can almost be painful.
This little cactus grows in the corner amidst the rocks and bigger plants.  It is very small yet the color draws your eyes to it.  Life has resiliency!

I think we all want to scream out at the injustices and cruelty and evil that we hear about every day.  Why does a quiet and brilliant young man turn into a killer of people in a movie theatre?
Why does someone who has faced war and violence end up being killed in a small movie theatre in their home town?

Something within him must have been screaming and the pain became unbearable.  Maybe?

Reading the Psalms we find words that are screaming and violent demanding justice and God's intervention .  Looking back at history we realize there have always been mountains of abuse that threaten to crush the spirit.  I know I feel helpless but not hopeless.

Life is fragile and so precious and all any of us have is this minute, this hour, this day.  I cannot image living without prayer.

We see the humanness of Jesus as he cries from the cross:  "Why hast Thou forsaken me?"

The old testament prophets screamed against God and against their own people.  Scripture has a language all it's own that warns us of the dangers,  especially of living on the backs of the suffering of others. 

We all face the unknown. 

I pray that I will be able to find a purpose for my life as I intermingle (heard that word at church today and think it is a good word)with others who may be sad or happy.   

I pray that I can leave a message of hope and a message of the wonder of life's mysteries that wait to be discovered.

A rainy Monday but what a difference a good night's sleep makes!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is hard to fathom someone doing that. Just as much as for the greiving families of those who died I feel for the parents. Such a burden on them now, wondering why their child turned into this cruel person. I hope summer is not over. My flowers have barely started to grow but was almost tempted to put the heat on in the bathroom this morning. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Did you see the butterfly?

love mom

Anonymous said...

We saw your butterfly.What can you say about the movie killings, Americans will never give up the right to bear arms, as so people will keep dying in movie theaters or schools.They should just invoke the death penalty and kill him today , why waste the millions on court costs.
ken

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got a good sleep Mom. I went to the gym today, but forgot my shoes. So I went to work early instead.

I suppose the orange haired guy was nuts in some way or another.

Love,

Rick