Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WHY?

                                Life is so fragile and full of questions, that have no answers?

Why do children get sick? 
Why do bad things happen to good people.?
Why does it almost feel like there is an ache within us for answers.

Why do I wake up so early this Tuesday  morning feeling anxious?  A deep inner pain..  Praying for several family members in critical conditions.
I know I have been praying and thinking of Kenny and the family and missing them.  Then I read that they have all been sick.

It seems that asking why is one of the most important questions in life and I have found over the last few years I seem to be unlearning so many lessons that I at one time felt confident about.

I did not grow up with the knowledge that one could question authority.  Not my parents, not my teachers, especially not God.  My children were very different and seem to question everything and rebel at all authority.  Civil rights, the liberation of women, the sexual revolution were all issues that faced us all.  Prejudice and prudery (is that a word) were so old-fashioned.

Was my own teen years idyllic?  In some ways they were because life was simpler. 

Each generation has it's own questions and finds it's own answers and ways of coping.

Keeping busy is one way. Reading and writing are helpful for me and always prayer.
I will be praying more today just to feel reassured that God, or that benevolent force, that is around us all will strengthen those who are in pain.

 Both dad and I had our walks yesterday.
It was warm  but cooled down in the evening which is good.

Wed. night will be a full house with Kim and Ben and Morgan.  Kim is planning supper so that is good.  Panteli and Sandra will drop by and Theresa will come in the morning and they will be off to Salt Spring.  We would like to go but just do not feel up to it.  Actually both dad and I have stiff necks.

Now it is Wed. morning and I had a very bad sleep.  Feeling very sad.  Walking is a good way to regain energy and pray!


6 comments:

Shandel said...

I am not sure if you received my face book message or not. But thank you very much for my birthday card! i received it yesterday and it was very thoughtful of you to think of me. :D i hope you have a better day maybe feeling more refreshed as the day goes on.

Anonymous said...

I hope I remember to come over after work. It is hard to go anywhere other then home. Did I tell you Randy called his parents, his mom was home but his dad would not let him talk to her. Why are people stupid, that is another question to ask. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your prayers mom. Matty and I went to our first movie together. Spiderman . He was very good. Sat through it all , except for the three trips to the toilet. Then on the way home he said 'thanks for taking me Dad". He is a funny kid this Matthew. It's either killing his sister , our smashing things , but then he comes and throws his arms around you and says sorry.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your prayers mom. Matty and I went to our first movie together. Spiderman . He was very good. Sat through it all , except for the three trips to the toilet. Then on the way home he said 'thanks for taking me Dad". He is a funny kid this Matthew. It's either killing his sister , our smashing things , but then he comes and throws his arms around you and says sorry.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Yes, prudery is a word.

Don't be sad in the morning. That is the best time of day.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

PS We all questioned authority because Dad demanded that we should, if only by cantankerous example.

Rick