Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A NEW ROUTE



Kim has found the route home to our place.
P5261116

Yes the route with Haiti had to change a bit as she started chasing all the squirrels that are running crazy around the neighborhood.  I have trouble holding her when she takes off. So she takes off in a huge burst of speed after the squirrel and I go flying along behind.  Finally realize I had better let go and I landed in soft grass.   In so many ways she is a sweet dog but needs training.


P5261120
I go down Scott Road where there are no squirrels or sometimes a little way into the Watershed Park.

It would also seem that Christianity needs to find a new route, a way not of rules and tradition but love. and the spirit.   This is not so easy for those of us who have had a life-time investment in what we believed to be the truth.  I want to try to discover what deeper truth can be found by leaving the well-worn path.

"Relational community, intentional practice, and experimental belief are forming a new vision for what it means to be Christian in the twenty-first century."  -Diana Butler Bass

Our visit to the doctor seemed like a waste of time as we got no answers to our questions and it was all about whether I wanted a colonosocopy.  My answer was no.  I am regaining weight and some energy but it will take time.  So dad and I both have on-going health issues.

Carol just phone at 8:30 saying they are picking up Kim from the airport.  Panteli will drive Carol to work and then bring Kim here.  Haiti will go crazy with excitment sd we all will.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

For such a little skinny dog Haiti can pull pretty hard. Disapointing news from the doctor. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Our Healing touch and self care sessions are always available on tuesday mornings. 9 30 at Crossroads 2nd third and 4th Tues. and at Colebrook on the 1st. Tues. of the month .l am finding the sessions very helpful and healing. Love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

My goodness, that must have been quite a fall....good thing you didn't break any bones. Sorry to hear your doctor was a disappointment. I find they usually are pretty useless...but have learned a holistic approach for me is what really helps. Your "new" walk pics look nice too..lots of greens, which is something that is just happening here...tiny bright green leaves on the trees. We had a Baltimore Oriole here today...eating raspberry jam. Have a great day..love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sigh.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Two busiest days of the year at melbourne airport. Sydney airport had fog and many flights diverted to Melbourne. Very long days as I was on 3:30 am shifts both days. Eye surgery tomorrow. Ken