Friday, May 17, 2013

HOW ABOUT THAT

DSCN0067
DSCN0066A day that started out miserable in every way, couldn't even keep water down, did turned out to be very enjoyable.  After the trip to the doctor we came home and rested and then drove over to the library.  Such a picturesque walk through very green trees and bushes full of color.  We did not stay long but managed to get a few D.V.D's to watch instead of hockey.

We can record the hockey any time and watch anytime.

I was sitting on our front porch trying to figure my life out.  Dad and I were both very sick with some bug all of Jan. and Feb.  I never regained my energy and I found my walks a challenge.

I think having a run-down immune system did not help with all the worry about dad and the long hours at the emergency.  Exhausting.  So thankful we had a good doctor there and are hoping his liver will continue to improve.

I started feeling stomach sensitivity at that time so ried about dad naturally.  I continued to get sicker and tireder.  A hard time for both of us.know drinking water is important but even that seemed an effort.

So hear we are now.  I have to be extremely careful about what I eat and cannot even trust what may say gluten free.  The cortisone is helping after two doses.  I feel a little stronger and a lot more positive.

It almost seems the more careful I am the easier it is for me to have a re-action.

We are going to miss Haiti as Sandra and Randy are going to have him for the week-end.  Also Ben is in a soccer tournament and Theresa may bring me a chair on wheels to sit in.  I really want to be there.

Just not having everything flow through me wiill help me to regain my strength.

I choose to believe we grow through difficult times closer to God and to other people if we share with openness and faith.  Today I feel wonderful!

So How About That!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

It is like it was a perfect storm designed to bring you down. Haiti was disapointed that Kimberly was not here to greet her. Randy is working today and it feels like the first regular Friday I have had in a long time. Just my regular house work to do. Did you sleep OK? That was the only bad thing I found with prednesone. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

That's the spirit Beth! You can do it! You will gain back your strength and be back to your lovely walks taking pictures for us to enjoy once again! Love your pics. just curious...what are you eating for breakfast? Good to hear Larry's feeling on the mend too.

I have spent the last few days framing my art and today will hang it in the local restaurant...romantically called " The Moonlight Inn" and the Bakeshop. There are quite a few large pieces...oh why can't I paint small pieces? Challenging for me to handle with glass etc..over 3 feet in length. One I love and will find it hard to part with..and it will be the first to sell...I would bet. Springtime in the Boreal forest...spring greens with pink blossoms on the saskatoon trees. Be sure to take it easy...with patience things will come along well. Love Nancy

Shawna said...

Grandma I am so happy that you are feeling better than you were. I hope that it is all uphill from here. You and grandpa are in our thoughts and prayers always! We love you so much and are here if either of you need anything (even though we are in another province)!!!

Everything here is the same. Stephen and I are both working. The weather is finally turning nice and we are finally seeing greenery on our trees and our lawns! Which we have been waiting for for months now! Baby bump is growing big and Stephen keeps saying that he cant believe how big it is getting. Baby is starting to kick more often and stronger which makes me happy! Stephen has been working hard on getting the nursery done and we are both really happy on how it turned out. I am happy I listened to Sandy, Randy and Stephen when they told me to paint it blue, even though it is not my favorite colour!

I am missing you guys like crazy and wish that we could come down this summer to see you but we will see what happens in the months to come. Love you lo0ts!!!!

larry bennett said...

Yes dear - it is very nice that two pills made you feel so much better - very nice! However remember the cortisone fools your body - makes it ignore it's problems - just do not overdo it - we will make progress slow and easy - love you!

Anonymous said...




Take the same kind of care of yourself that you give to others. Glad that the medicine is helping . Hope to see you soon . Love, Jane

Anonymous said...


Great news your on the improve. Melina now has the bug , with an ear infection and generally feeling unwell. I have a sore throat .... Man I an sick of this virus . Remember when colds would only last 3 days, now they seam to go on for weeks, is it because of all the anti biotics we take ? Are they super bugs. I had the flu shot this year , which usually means I get sick more often. Cold and windy her (15c) not Canada cold , buts its cold for us.
Ken

beth bennett said...

YES I did not sleep well. I feel very resrtless amd get tired everytime I TRY TO SO SOMETHING. I worry about dad every time he has an ache or pain. Like ken and Melena sick of it all to be truthful. Did plan to a bit in the garden but too great an effort.

Shawna you cheered me up so very much. O love to hear your news.
I bet the baby room is perfect.

NNCY lou you are imagine/ Did you know Donna Rons wife p[yints very laefe too. Waht a gift you both have.

Carol and Pantelli came by to cheer us up


LOVELY PRESENTS FROM aUSTRALIA.
A rose that open up and tell me i am loved I am going to play it again now. What a wonderful present.

I am so tired but cannot reat but an thank that dad is reating and I praying his back is bette

Just had to rant a bit life is not perfect.

Love your comments. Love beth, mom grandma