Sunday, May 26, 2013

WOW WHAT A DAY!

 
Oliver arrived in grand style on his bike.  Want a ride gram he later offered.  Ha ha!  The time just flew by as Carol and Panteli joined us and the Sandra.  Haiti was also returned so we will be off this Sunday morning for a walk.

EARLIER IN THE DAY:
DSCN0116
It was early so just a tiny bit of sun. in the morning.   I could  also feel a bit of chill in the sir.  My neighbor's mom arrives to walk the two dogs together.  She gave me a hug yesterday and said how much better I am looking.  
 
I agree with Merton who says: "I look up at the clear blue sky and the tops of the trees shining in the sunlight, and all the new flowers growing and booming and it is a moment of   "angelic lucidity".  I am planning my day with great care, shorter walks and eating more frequently good food.  I have no craving for sweet things which is strange,
DSCN0085
 
Life for me seems so simple right now just doing what I can to regain strength.
DSCN0079
 
Scripture talks about the unveiling of the heart and that is what is happening to me.  A gift from God.
The world of color helps to unveil the shadows of doubt and renew the spirit.
 
Pictures taken Friday as today it is a bit rainy.
 
I have decided I am amazing!
But are't we All!
 
I have lived many years with exhaustion and looked after four lively children who filled my days with joy.  I am now able to have more compassion for cranky, bossy grannie who lived with us for awhile.  Not easy for her.  She was a loner and had lived down by the water-front in small rooms and enjoyed her life there, and then have to move in with us .  So sad for her to lose two sons in the war.   
 
I have know the deep sadness of depression and the great joy of being filled with the exhilarating joy of the Holy Spirit.
 
And what joy to know broken hearts can be mended!
 
I am more willing to be content as I get better.
 
I know that the love in our family is even stronger than ever!
 
 
Time seemed suspended as I waited so impatiently for Oliver to arrive, dashing and handsome (just like his cousins)  on his motor-bike.  Finally I heard him and flew down the stairs with amazing speed just in time to take a picture and then a hug.
 
 

6 comments:

Sandra said...

It is a good thing you flew down the stairs and did not fall! We will be having a visit from Adena in July, so this summer is going to be very busy for us. Sandra

Shandel said...

I walked this morning too Gramma and we have that same chill in the air, even though the sun was out brightly shining down. Today is Alice's 3rd Birthday. And we are going to her bday party this afternoon. Lots of excitement among all the little kids.
I hope our letter reaches you soon. I wanted it to be a surprise but i have now ruined that. lol
I would never get on a motorcycle either! hahaha
Cameron has asked that i get you and grandpa's skype information. we would like to try and skype you sometimes if you guys are up for it! have a lovely Sunday

nancy-Lou said...

Beth. I am surprised you didn't slide down the banister...judging from you up beat and cheerful blog today! So glad to hear the happiness and feeling of contentness coming to you after being so ill. That Thomas Merton fellow was very wise. I may order one of his books from Alibis.com. Today is the first morning that actually feels like spring...soft and gentle. The warblers have arrived overnight and are singing up a storm. I was out of the house by 8am to hang some new paintings at our local restaurant and hotel.Today will be a great day...gardening, finishing a collage painting and our son`s 50th birthday celebrations. oh boy, that sure makes me feel old! Wishing you and Larry a wonderful day. Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Photograph and then a hug!

Glad you are feeling a bit better and are being mindful of eating. I am off to the office for a bit this afternoon (May and June is our busy time) and will try and call this evening.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Oliver had to get off his bike to get his hug.

Sounds like you are working extra Rick. Take care of yourself.
love mom

Anonymous said...

You will know how Granny felt when I bring Matthew and Jasmine for a stay....LOL Matthew has so much energy as Jasmine is very inquistive. Ken