Thursday, May 23, 2013

TIMES OF POSSIBILITIES

P5210992
P5210997
I feel so hopeful as I wake up again very early.

I know there are exciting things ahead but also there will be some dissappointments,

I am thankful for medicine that cures the sick and the knowledge of the doctors.  If I am truly honest I fear that I will never really feel well again so I try to believe even this has possibilities. and prayerfully continue to be open to healing from all sources.

I think of all the others who need prayer and tender love this morning and ask your spirit to bring them peace and ease their pain.

A huge velvet reddest purple rhododendrum covers the corner of our year.  The flowers are huge and SO absolutely perfect.  Over in the corner is a pure white one and in the middle the weeds and cultivated flowers are growing happily together.

I appreciate the quiet solitude of the morning but a few extra winks of sleep would be okay too.

:Solitude according to Thomas Merton means a withdrawal from an artificial and fictional level of being to find our true selves.

Yes the world is full of disasters and yet I am amazed again and again how people come together to help one another.  Around lies destruction and within is emptiness but the hope pf new possibilities lies before us all.

"Our tasks must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of Compassion to embrace all living creatures and the Whole of Nature and It'sBeauty."  Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are certainly vigorous and colourful!

Solitude can be a time for reflection and clarity, I agree.

Maybe you need a bit of spell-check on this posting?

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

WOW, what a gorgeous rhododendron bush that is! Did you plant it when you moved there Beth? It is huge. Thank-you for the prayer for others....your words are moving and always compassionate. You have a fine gift for writing. I bought two new grandiflora roses today...one a delicate ivory touched with oranges..named after that courageous lady...Coretta King from Alabama who stayed sitting in the "white peoples" seat on the bus. The other is a deep magenta purple, much the colour of your rhodi...I love roses and have grown them for years. Good to hear that you are out visiting again and I hope that cranky old Jim was nice to you today...after taking him milkshakes! Nice to hear your family will be coming from Australia to visit...that will be so exciting for all of you! Happy times ahead! Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy-Lou I am learning so much from you. Glad things are finally warmer there for you.

Lots os happy times ahead for us. love beth