Monday, October 7, 2013

BREATHTAKING

DSCN0733
 This world is full of wonder when you have a beautiful warm day like Sunday and eyes to see all the little wonders around about.  Even put my shorts on.  Did not go to church which always makes me feel a little sad but I know I have to keep resting and try and get rid of this nasty bug.

I was sitting on the chesterfield half asleep when Sandra walked in.  So thoughtful of her to come for a visit when she has so much to do.  She helped dad fix his Skype but it took her awhile.  I  think she wins the prize for patience.

I was amazed as I went to sit in the back yard to see one little goldfish hiding under a leaf., actually looking fat and healthy  Dad and I were sure they had all disappeared.  Went to get some fish food and then couldn't see him again.  Just got home in time for Carol and Panteli arriving back from Chilliwack.  They had a fantastic time with the children.  Carol  said they had seen snow geese on the way home and here am I in shorts.

They brought me my hamper basket that I won at the church were Ben was singing Cherokee.  Full of lots of goodies from home made jam to gluten free crackers, cups and nExpectingapkins, cheese and olives, chocolates etc.  They sure did a wonderful job.

Dad had gone for a walk in the forest which was excellent and he sat on the bench and watch dogs and people come and go so he missed Carol and Panteli.

I think it is time to put beauty and wonder into our church services. We do have beautiful flowers, and banners and music .  Are we expecting    to be surprised  with joy!  Expecting to breath in the sacred mystery of all of life that surrounds us and joins us together in community!

God always has a word for me whether it is in the message or the prayers or the hymns.

We need to breath new life into old traditions!  A holy joy that flows out of thankfulness!


P8312348
I need to see the light glowing before me and upon me.

Wonder can still be there for those with eyes to see.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, and I was thinking. Maybe because both laptops are wireless if you shut down the one you are not Skyping with at the time it should make the signal better. Just an idea. It was very hot at our house and I came home to Randy trying out the new fireplace. Puttered around after I got back from my shopping, got to Skype Shawna and Mary. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I really appreciated your visit yesterday and also Carol and Panteli stopping by. It meant a lot!

Glad you were able to Skype the kids! It sure did get hot. So far it is raining this morning and I was hoping for a nice day to have my walk.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

On early shift today 3am start. Matthew learned hoe to ride a bike yesterday ....i will try and send video.
Ken