Sunday, October 6, 2013

UNRAVLING

P8312352
To be healthy is to be in a state of well-being and wholeness and is helpful in coping with the stress of life, and I know that I can take it for granted.  Sickness casts a shadow of discontent with life awith ourselves.  I know that right now I feel that nothing I do is right is right.  My cough is nearly gone and it has just left me worn our.  I am thankful that I can now recover that energy.
 
Dad is doing a good job of caring for me but it is hard for me to not be able to keep busy.
His shoulders are very painful right now with bursitis.  I think maybe a massage or therapy would help.  Yes we have a wonderful family but most of the time they are very busy with their own activities. 

'''a beautiful day just to sit on our front porch.  I did a short walk to the vegetable store and was able to put some money in a little boys money box.  He beam at me he had not been getting any busy that I was  aware of

I picked up an old book that I have had for ages by Andrew Weil. M.D.

He unravels some of the brain's function for me.  The main thing for me is to calm my restless mind and not to think negatively .  Yes prayer and meditation do help but I have not succeeded in this endeavor.  Meditation has the potential to alter your brain function.

"What are the main sources of strength?

If you had a life threatening illness, where would you turn for support?

What gives your life meaning and purpose?"

"Eastern and Western people have identifies breath with spirit.
Breath is the essence of life.
We can become more aware of the spiritual self by paying attention to, observing and meditating on the breath.
  We sing breath on me Breath of God!
DSCN0789


We may go for a drive today it is a shame to waste the sunny days.  So when all is said and done I am enjoying my reading and dad his sports.  Still coughing too much for church.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth:
We are in Chilliwack right now and had a great time yesterday. We watched Morgan play soccer at 8:00, then had breakfast, then watched Ben play soccer, then we all checked into the Coast Hotel and Carol, Ben and Morgan went for a little swim. Then Carol and Ben had a nap in the hotel room while Morgan and I went shopping at the candy store, then Swiss Chalet for dinner and finally watched teh Chilliwack Chiefs play hockey in the evening. Ben and Morgan stayed with us in the hotel last night and they are all sleeping right now while I am at the Tim Horton's up the street. Carol and I will stop by on our way home, but I'm not sure what time that will be.
Hope you and Larry are feeling better! xo Panteli

beth bennett said...

Wow what a fantastic time you all had. Phone before you come just in case we are out for a drive/
Love beth

Sandra said...

I was going to be heading out your way today, was that drive Saturday or Sunday? Randy finally came home late last night, well early this morning really after having been gone since Wednesday I think. I was going to let him have a good sleep in and then I taped about 20 football games that he will want to get through before he heads back to work again this afternoon. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you will not be making it to Church today
l am so thankful that the sight in my right eye has now returned to normal. lt is truly amazing what can be accomplished by modern medicine but at the same time there is a lot that we do not know and many mysteries to be solved. May you regain some energy soon. Meanwhile pamper yourselves a little , You deserve it. Love. Jane,

nancy-Lou said...

As the kids say, feeling sick is a "bummer"! Especially when you are as active as you are Beth. It sounds as if you are on the road to recovery and I hope you soon will have the energy to go for walks again...albeit....not too long walks at first! I will take you on my walk today....

Today was a beautiful day for a walk at the beach. Sunny, still cool at 15C, perfect! The cottage area was a beehive of activity with folks out closing their cottages for the season. The smell of wood smoke was in the air and the waves were lapping at the shoreline. A day to be so thankful to God for the many wonders we have. I almost bumped in to a beautiful ruffed grouse ( partridge )..while going down a little used trail...what a lovely bird she was...with a high crest on her head. She didn't fly...simply looked at me and moved a little further away. Her markings were splendid.
I took bear guard with me as Mr Bear has visited our bird feeder most nights lately...he left his paw prints on our living room window..he was peeking in at Carl sitting in his chair. He causes no problem and I take in the feeders every evening.
I hope you had a good day too and I pray you both feel better real soon...Love Nancy