Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SOUL LIFE

DSCN1178
DSCN1183
My neighbor’s back yard just over the fence.

"Gratitude bestows reverence on 0ur every day experiences,
those transcendent moments of awe that change even for a moment how we feel." - Sarah

The morning is still and the darkness outside hides many secrets, who knows what little animals are scurrying about.  Inside  am warm and safe I feel hopeful.   
The sounds of my neighbor and her mom getting the excitrd dogs all ready to go for their walks comes in even the closed window.   I take another drink of water hopeful of its restoratoin powers.  I pause to give thanks.  Ingratitude can become such a bad habit.

Not only does the body need healing water but also my thirsting soul. Thankfulness is the healing gift of grace that soothes our wounded souls and brings peace to a restless mind full of anxious thoughts.
So I walk in the foggy dew like a drunken sailor who does not have his sea legs yet but hey I am thankful to be walking.  I would make a good old crone for Halloween with a big hat and a walking stick and my crooked way of walking before my legs have really woken up.

I am thankful for my morning coffee and jam piled high on my toast and polite drivers who wave me across.  I am thankful for all the goodness in life, for the beauty of the ground now covered with leaves  and to be feeling more alive again.


Yes the nasty cough is still hanging on so dad and I take the time to go to see Dr. Nolte.  Evidently my white blood cells are high so now I am on codeine and cortisone and this should completely solve all my problems.  (Melina how is your mom?)   was thankful there was a cancellation and I got in earlier than expected.

It takes a lot of time driving and parking and waiting.  Also had my wrist x-rayed because it is painful.  I have pills for it but cannot take them with everything else.  The amazing thing is when you have something that is sore how you keep hurting it.

I know that I only live a full life when I live fully and thankfully in the moment.

"When I am present, I meet  I Am, 
the very presence of a present God."  -Ann Voskamp

What did Jesus do when he did not have enough food to feed all the hungry souls, He gave thanks.

The real problem of life is never  a lack of time,  but how we rush about so much worrying about it.

Good day today Mary and Simone will be here for breakfast and I am going to try to make it to the Jet lag Bible study.  Maybe Simone would like to come.  UP coughing again!  O Darn it all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the fall colours and everything looks so sunny! Carol and I Skype every day and tonght I did the math wrong and phoned her at 5:00 aM her time because I thought it was 8:00 am in Vancouver. we are 15 hours ahead here, so I am just now going to bed when everyone is waking up.I get up between 4:00 and 5:00 am here because I am going to bed so early! Great Thanksgiving photos at Sandra's! Say HI to everyone-I'm here for 6 more weeks!
xo Panteli

beth bennett said...

Hi Panteli, It must be hard to keep the time straight but it sounds like things are going well for you. I think the fall colours have been especially lovely this fall but also a lot of fog which can dampen the spirit.
We will enjoy our visit with Mary and Simone today. Carol has been a great blessing bringing me good things to drink and eat. Good also to have a visit from Rick.
Hope to be back at church this Sunday as we have been away because of my bad cough and tiredness. But we keep busy and sure enjoy all the good things in our lives.
Take care. See you in 6 weeks. I find time goes by quickly.
love beth

Sandra said...

It is good that you got in to see dr nolte. Mary took simone to the walk in clinic this morning just to check her ear as she keeps scratching at it. Lovely and sunny at my house this morning, then as I started down the hill on nordel I decended into the fog. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good that Mary had Simone's ears checked and we had a good visit. Now time for a rest!
love mom

larry bennett said...

Mary and cute little Simone came for breakfast after their Dr. visit. She entertained us with her smiles and goo goo's. Mary and I had my famous porridge - she did eat it all up. After they left to visit Sandra at work Beth phoned her little church group to tell them she was to tired to come to their meeting. Yesterday she told the doctor she did not get tire very much ????

beth bennett said...

Yes dad still finds me a mystery and I do not understand myself either. Some days I feel like I am better than back come the tiredness and cough. But doing better slowy.

Anonymous said...

Cold and windy here , should warm up by the weekend. Nonna has big kidney stone, they will have to operate.
Ken