Tuesday, October 1, 2013

QUESTIONS


I cannot remember if I put this pictures on before?

DSCN0651
This is what dad says to me every day “What is she up to now?"  Yes I do have a habit of moving things around.  I am trying to make our book cases more modern with family treasures as well as books. Dad is still old fashioned and thinks book cases are for books.

It seems like all the readings I am doing lately raise more questions than answers.

There seem to be no easy answers when we question life, our first beliefs, our first tragedy, all the suffering in our world. 

How can  one read the scriptures and capture the meaning for us today?

Can you be religious without being spiritual? or spiritual and not religious?

How have our childhood experiences affected us?

How can the church find relevance in this scientific age?

Deep down how do we know what is really good?

Why with all these questions do I choose to believe that God is good and that good can come out of suffering?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I get that a lot from Randy too. We are on the hunt for book cases. In the meantime boxes of books seem to need to be moved from here to there and then back again over and over again while we try and organize what we can. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

WOW...those are great questions Beth. I would like to be in a group and discuss them.
That is a cute cartoon picture, I haven't seen that one before!
Today is really blustery, I can hear the roar of the waves coming from the west....fall is really here, with leaves blowing off trees....sadly all those beautiful colours are on the ground now.
Love, Nancy