Friday, October 4, 2013

NEW UNDERSTANDINGS

DSCN4708

                                               Always looking for new light on all beliefs.
DSCN0788

P8232268
I am putting on old pictures  since I am not allowed to stick my toe out the door much less go for a walk.  But it is worth it if I get better faster.  I am thankful that I am getting better each day,  I am thankful for all the caring things dad does. 

Yesterday had  a good visit with Shawna on the phone.  Lincoln has been keeping her up at night but thankfully she has had help from Shandel and her sister and maybe others and of course she is missing Stephan as he has gone back to work out of town.
 Later Carol dropped by and she too is still fighting this bug and is feeling very tired.

I have gotten to the place in Spong's book where suddenly the gospel of John begins to unfold as the work of Jewish mysticism.  I have always liked the gospel of John.  This helps the modern mind to see that God is indeed homeless and unemployed.  This opens the door to an understanding of God not as a being but  as the theologian Paul Tillich says as "the ground of all being",

Going out for lunch with Jane and Geof if dad is agreeable.  Dad will go if I am not up to it.


The book by John Shelby Spong is called "The Fourth Gospel:   Tales of a Jewish Mystic. I am finding it interesting but I too have been angry with him, but I believe he is very through in his studying for this book.  I am reading very slowly right now.

Ken I would like to Skype today maybe after 3.  This is me praying for patience!
P8312412

3 comments:

Sandra said...

My last weekend to get ready before everyone gets here. Seems like there is so much to do still. It is hard to force yourself to sit still and heal but the payoff will be worth it. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Ok turn your skype on . I did a shift yesterday as poco , port co-ordinator , or the boss!!! All went well , for a busy Friday night.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Ok turn your skype on . I did a shift yesterday as poco , port co-ordinator , or the boss!!! All went well , for a busy Friday night.
Ken