Tuesday, October 8, 2013

DEEP APPRECIATION

I really appreciated the visits from Sandra, Carol and Panteli.
Dad was not home as he was on a walk to the Watershed Park.
I had been getting worried about dad as he had been gone a long time. 
Why have a cell phone if you do not use it?  Or even turn it on?

DSCN4720
What a pleasant place to sit and wait for the dogs to come and visit.

This is also a good place for a picnic.  We will be fortunate if we get some more warm weather,


DSCN4722

DSCN4725
And here they come!

I am still having early morning coughing spell but it gets worse if I try to go back to bed.   Having a nap during the day is a wonderful treat.

I did take a quick trip to the store while Larry was on his bike ride.  I will not go out in the early rain although I so very much want to.  Going for an early walk gives me a sense of appreciation for the day.
DSCN4728

I was thrilled with the basket that I won because Kim put my name in.  This is from the small church where Ben sang.  They were more than generous.  It all looks so beautiful I just want to feast my eyes on them.  On the lower shelf are our new Aussie mugs from Melbourne,

  Good news that Jane's eye surgery was successful.  I appreciate her visits and thankful she set me right on what day it was.  It was only Monday not Tues.
 
I really do appreciate all the help dad has been for me and really hope and pray his pain will lesson.

Hey Kenny looks like an new Armstrong appearing.  Good riding Matthew!
  Ken sent a vidio of his first ride on a two wheel bike and wow did he ever go fast!

I think I was so very fortunate to experience the presence of Jesus in my life  at very young age.  But now reading Bishop Spong so much in scripture is to be viewed as Mysticism;  meaning that words can be expanded beyond their normal limits.  In this book he concentrates on the gospel of John.

He believes we as believers must be freed from fundamentalism.  He explains that this gospel is not about sin and salvation, but about life, expanded life and expanded consciousness.  I believe that it has a powerful story to be told to bring hope into shattered lives.

"It is also a journey into the heart of life, a journey beyond the boundaries of life and ultimately a journey into both a new consciousness and a whole new understanding of what Christianity is."

So here we go starting with the facts which I am not sure I will be able to embrace.  I do appreciate the effort of years of study he has put into this.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You were late this morning, or I was early? I have been getting up before 5, guess I am excited about the company coming on Friday. Saw the first other early morning walker today, a man out with his dog. I did not do the duck pond loop though because I think he went in there with his dog and I did not want the hassle of Lucy being silly. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, we too have a lot to be thankful for..like you, family visits are much appreciated. We are looking forward to having all our immediate family for Thanksgiving on Monday. Five family, plus one girlfriend and one boyfriend. 7 in all. What are you and Larry doing for Thanksgiving?
I bought a Spong book from Amazon, it is an ebook and I can read it on my ipad or my kindle reader. It is called Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism. It is one of his earlier books. I did see the one you are reading about the Gospel of St. John...but thought I would start with this one. For some strange reason ....I am leaning towards his ideas...all that fire and brimstone and sacrifices etc are starting to bother me...it really doesn't pertain to how we live today. Probably that is what has been bothering me for the last year or so and one of the reasons I stopped going to church. Many things in the bible I can relate to...but other things no. So thanks for the impetus to search for knowledge Beth. Let me know your thoughts regarding your Spong book. I hope you don't suffer more coughing tonight and get a good sleep. Love Nancy