Tuesday, October 15, 2013

QUIET

DSCN1009
I woke up a little later on Monday morning with such wonderful memories.  I do a quick download on the computer waiting for Kim or Rick to come sleepily down the stairs.  I am tired this morning as I am sure we all were.  Thankful that even in all of life that can make us weary and even cause us pain there is a deep abiding happiness.
Kim makes us all breakfast and we have a good visit over eggs and toast.  Carol comes over and just misses Rick who has left for his long drive home, but what a beautiful day warming us up from head to toe.
DSCN1016DSCN1019
I laugh as I read this quote by C.S.Lewis “If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable, think of it as a place of training and learning and it’s not so bad.”
No matter what our age we have so much to learn and to teach each other.  Our study group arrives just as we finish lunch and old friends are so pleased to see Carol and catch up on all she is doing.  Then after juice and cookies and coffee is out timr start discussing our latest book.  As usual we end up with lots of questions.  We are very honest and open because over the years we have all been through difficult times.
In the end we all agree that it is in the little things in life, the ordinary joy that brings us happiness.  Another afternoon passes by so quickly and it is time to close the door and find a quiet place within myself.
DSCN1031DSCN1021
ALL us gluten-free people were treated royally.  Three deserts even.
"Joy is the realist reality.  Joy is always a gift, never to be grasped.
God gives gifts and I give thanks and I unwrap the gift given: joy."
Ann Voskap

Neither Carol or I are feeling that great.  I disturbed dad's rest by coughing but at least I slept in.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I went to bed last night by 7:30, got most of my tidying up at least. Beautiful day, I am so thankful that everyone was able to come bless our new house with their presence. Sandra

beth bennett said...

It really must be starting to feel like home. A wonderful place for entertaining which you do so well. We will finish up our left overs today which I always enjoy.
Thanks again. Keep getting your rest.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Matthew has teddy''s bears picnic and school today, should be warm but windy. Simone looks cute .
Ken