Wednesday, October 9, 2013

PRECONCEIVED


DSCN0952
I took a short walk in the morning just to see this beautiful old tree with leaves bursting with color
PA082660DSCN0946
 The weather has been mild a real Indian summer.  I think it is my favorite time of the year.  You notice even the small flowers still putting on a show.

Dad went for a walk in the forest and then we took a trip to the dollar store.  Found I was pretty tired by then.

Our Bible group at the church is reading Revelations and we are encouraged to put aside any preconceived ideas.  Bishop Spong is doing the same with his book on John which has been years in the making.  This is difficult to do but I will give it a try.
 
I was too tired to go out with Carol and Panteli, Sandra and dad which was too bad when it is his last night here.  The harder I try not to cough the more I do and it would spoil the meal for others.
 
Rick phones to tell of his arrival on Friday which we are looking forward to.  I may put him to work as I am getting better at that asking people to help.
 
To-morrow I will miss our study as I want to rest up and be well for Mary and Simone, Cameron and Shandel and Rick
 
The message I am hoping to discover is one of hope. 
 
Here I am burning the mid-night oil having a miserable time coughing
 Dad has been so good, so good getting up and putting the steamer on and warming up a heating bag.
Maybe this little bug just wants to leave with a big show of bravo!  But I will get the best of it.

 
Very exciting hockey game dad said.  Maybe see if there is a cancellation at Dr. Nolte.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Dad says you were not using your puffers properly, have you started to use them both as instructed yet? It is nice to have the winter weather hold off because once it is here it seems to last for so long. Thank you for the buttons. I never would have thought of the dollar store. Sandra

beth bennett said...

One puffer says two puffs four times a day,
The other says two puffs twice a day.

That seemss like too much
love mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video "Clatterford" We watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it,We are starting the clearing up and organizing for our move . . The family are coming out this evening to give some help with this daunting job. That is a very nasty bug you have , It just does't seem to want to leave you but it is time for it to go ! Love Jane.

beth bennett said...

We are glad you enjoyed the video Jane. we may drop the other one by on the way home from the doctors. Fortunately they had a cancellation because I very strongly did not want to go to the clinic.

I am very thankful.
love beth

Anonymous said...

hope your feeling better Mom.
Ken