Sunday, October 27, 2013

COBWEBS AND GROUNDED

DSCN1092

Reading from the book Climbing Jacob's ladder I read that
when the soul becomes alive with new insights into any teaching there is a awareness that something within me had grown dusty and full of cobwebs.  It is good to feel alive!

Stuck inside of such an absolutely glorious day I think of many in similar situations that has become their lives.   I am so thankful to sit on my front porch in the warmth of the sunshine and see the odd bee flying by.
Also I watch the neighbor put up Halloween decorations delighting in this accomplishment.

Even taking the garbage out is pure joy.  I take out the coffee filters out to the garbage one by one!  I suggest a walk and dad says: “What is wrong with you woman, can’t you just rest and get better."  He has sore shoulders but goes for a short bike ride.  I come in and watch the squirrels still running back and forth on our fence. Funny creatures!
  Walk out the front door and in the back. rake a few leaves while I am out and dad is out.

Would have been great fun to help Jane with her garage sale,  Fun but a lot of work.  Hope all wemt well.

Wonder if Carl has had his surgery yet?

DSCN1253
So I read on about becoming more aware of the guiding light within us that it is like “diving into the flowing waters of life itself” learning from the tough as well as the good times.



DSCN1229
Why am I here?
The first story the rabbi tells is of Abraham taking his son up the mountain asking God well if  I am not to sacrifice my son after all, then what am I here for?

DSCN1261
To be a bundle of joy for great grandmother!

The Rabbi's wife tells about how her family was sent to Siberia where her dad was put to work cutting trees in the cold with only poor shoes to wear stuffed with paper.  (Dad did that when we were first married and poor and the car broke down)

Her dad always would come home saying her dad reported he had cut down the biggest tree in the whole forest.  It may not have been a fact but that story stuck with her all her life!  A very format story for her.

Because they had been sent away from Poland. they did not go to the Nazi camps.  Life can be a mixed blessing!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That kind of seems like cheating if you put your blog on the day before. Got some planting done yesterday. Well, not in the real way I normaly plant, but at least things are in the ground for the winter. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I will write my blog this morning.
Do you want the bamboo bush? Dad hates it.
It was a wonderful day wasn't it?

Drive safely and get rested up.

love mom