Friday, October 25, 2013

GHOSTLY PRAYERS

DSCN1172
He used to be called the Holy Ghost back in my day.  A ghost scary and
yet friendly and lovable!
                 S
DSCN1143Whispering secrets that are meant just for me Real prayers burst forth with all the body and with all the soul and all the heart. heart. 
Thankfulness
DSCN1144
Gratitude takes us from where we are into  a world of love and delight.

Red mushrooms springing up to praise those  with eyes to take time to walk in the park and see them.
DSCN1154

The highest form of prayer is to the goodness of God
DSCN1173
Clinging to that goodness  is life changing.
Too many to count. 

Feel bad I did not pray yesterday morning for my family as I try to do daily.   So  a gentle reminder to get back on track and be faithful in praying.  Wow she could have been killed and I am so thankful she is okay!

How am I, well I am taking all my pills and drinking lots of water and having lots of accidents when I sneeze or cough.
And wondering did I really take that pill, it is hard to remember. 


Yes the book called the tales of a Jewish Mystic  does bring you to a point of what is believable.  This is so true for those of us who have read the Bible with a set of literal assumptions being taught to us.  I like what Bishop Spong says seeing the gospel of John
both as an invitation and a doorway through which we can walk into a new dimension of what it means to be human.  Jesus says :You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life,`  -                   John 5:39

The Scriptures point to the truth but cannot capture it  Ultimate truth, however, cannot be captured in finite human words.  The scripture is about Jesus as one who transcends limits, breaks barriers, and he draws images from Jewish mysticism.

Myself I have found scripture to be comforting and healing as I have put my faith into the words that speak into my heart.  I feel the person who wrote them know that life can make us feel like failures, and fell that life is unfair and bad things do happen to good people.  Faith restores hope and once again I am thankful

I am thankful for the Bible!

I love the taste and smell of Mandarin oranges

No comments: