Thursday, November 28, 2013

DARKER AND DARKER

DSCN1610

DSCN1613
DSCN1615
Dad took my camera on Tuesday when he went for a walk and it really started to get dark.  Yes h did get a bit lost.  I do know the park like he does so I would really get lost trying to find him.

I lost an hour in my day when I looked at the clock I was sure is was 11 o'clock but it really was 12 actually 12:30.  So I was late getting to the Jetlag study.  The girls had already arranged the articles we were putting in the bags to be little gifts for single or poor moms. 

Our study of Revelation was difficult and especially hard to see God's plan being worked out through in times of darkness and struggles.  I can see how things can be woven into God's plan and good can come out of suffering.  I put my faith in the grace of God who I believe is a God of mercy, forgiveness and love. 

I am reminded that Jesus said those who live by the sword will die by the sword. 

After the study I had tea with Jane and Geof and again seemed to lose an hour and got home much later than planned, The move is a big stress for her.

Thursday I am up early as usual and it sure seems dark outside.  Dad and I are off to Vancouver for his eye exam and hopefully he gets a good report.

Our eyes are so important I would not want to lose my eyesight.  Also one thing I realized was that it is important to see what God sees and to value what is important in His eyes.

"Life is short and we have not too much time for gladding the hearts of those who are travelling the dark way with us.  Oh! be swift to love!  Make haste to be kind."     -Henri F. Amiel

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Larry's pics of the park really remind me of Rathtrevor Park in Parksville. The trees and the colours...greens and rusts. I really miss the park. Is there a pond with geese and ducks?

The study of Revelation is an enigma to me. Are we really supposed to believe all that?

Eyesight is so precious and I really see what it is like to be blind, with our little dog Dinty Moore. This morning he got lost in our backyard, which has about a foot and half of snow. I shovelled some paths so the dogs could get around...but he went off one and made his own...but got stuck and couldn't move, he couldn't see to turn around. He was only out for 5 minutes and I rescued him...but he was covered in snow and ice balls...he shivered for 10 minutes wrapped in a blanket on my lap. I couldn't imagine not being able to see....In some ways I feel blind to God's word right now....very unusual for me.
Have a good day today. Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Hm, losing chunks of time, not good. Did I mention I had a fender bender on Monday? I was dumb and did not get the other drivers information, Randy is going to go see if he can find him today. Oh, and we have heat. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you for your comments. I had a short walk today because we have to war from the car park to the building and up and down stairs when we get there. I will take my book and watch people.
Sorry about your fender bender Sandra the traffic is unreal!
Did not know you did not have heat Sandra.
Nancy praying for you
love beth

Anonymous said...

I knew you didn't have heat...And Randy was going to fix your furnace?? May be time to give watershed park a break for winter.
Ken