Friday, November 22, 2013

FRIDAY SUNSHINE

DSCN1568
DSCN1566
For a brief moment the sun was shining with amazing color on these tree leaves.  Dad and I had just returned from the library when the sun started to bring the beauty of these leaves to life.  By the time I ran in and grabbed the camera it had already lost it's strength and had returned to a weak autumn sun..  I have been taking so many dark pictures I was disappointed I missed this,

Dad is now fighting a cold and a miserable runny nose and it is actually turning red.  Also his stomach is upset too.  Once again I am thankful we are not living life in the fast lane but seem to be joining a lot of our friends with all our aches and pains.

I just found out that our book club of avid readers have changed the get to get her day  to Dec. for a book study and a pot luck Christmas due.  Here I have been burning the midnight oil (until almost 10) to try and get my reading done. 

I had no intention of getting books but ended up with my usual  bag full.  There were an adorable family getting their first library cards and they were all so excited.  As we left a nice gentleman held the door open for me and dad; and yesterday a lady offered to drive me home with my two bags which where a bit heavy.  I refused politely.  \I think we must be looking old.  Which is okay I often feel just a touch old.

Dad has the hockey game tonight to look forward to and of course the gray cup game on Sun.

The first Christmas lights were put up to-night.

"So faith may be the most misunderstood word in our religious vocabulary"  -The Underground Church.  It is more about trustworthy action not faith as in belief.  It is a verb not a noun.  It is not referring to a person who has the assurance of all their questions being answered.  Faith was not meant to give us an unshakeable confidence in our own righteousness.

DSCN1564
I  was so sure I would be able to catch the sunlight but it disappeared.  I think Sat. will be another quiet day for dad.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I thought I was feeling better yesterday so went out with Randy to Target to but Christmas lights. Ended up coughing all afternoon and night again.Randy is finally back to work so I will be able to do nothing today.Got in a double Skype yesterday, Simone and Lincoln. They both had to take an intermission to have their poopy bums changed. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh Sandra, be careful....I had a flu bug and never coughed so much in my life....turned out it was pneumonia. LOL re intermission and poopy bums....that is when it is nice to be Grandma and not Mom!

Your pics arelovely Beth...even without the sun. The one of the white berries is really pretty, do you know what they are named?

Good grief Beth.....It would take me all year to read that many books! You are fortunate the library is so close. A membership for me, for the Winnipeg Public Library is $125. A non resident fee. I don't have a membership..I order ebooks for my Kindle. Currently reading Nora Roberts, Dark Witch, the first of a trilogy set in Ireland....which is really different for me.
I hope Larry and Sandra feel better soon, and you don't catch the bug. Love Nancy