Monday, November 4, 2013

THE VIOLENT STORM

DSCN1368

Maybe people should have been warned about getting into the boat with a person named Jesus.  It will not be a peaceful journey.

I believe that I need a mature inner guidance to help me through uncharted waters that can come unexpected into my life.

Storms can be violent and terrifying even for those use to bring on the water.   According to the writer of Mark’s gospel Jesus had been in the boat on the store teaching parable after parable.
The crowd had been huge and he was exhausted.  Jesus invites his disciples to go to the other side.  \in the boat he falls asleep not on a soft pillow but on a hard mat provided for the steersman, part of a low bench at the back of the boat.  He falls into a deep sleep.    When the bad storm hits they wake him and demand him to calm the storm.  It has revealed to them their lack of faith.
 
Life can be frightening, and we are so clueless we often end up just plain fatigued.
Fatigue can be the  enemy of faith.
Salvation is the gift that has been given to us and this gift that continues to give even when we feel unworthy inspires us to see beyond our circumstances.  God wants us to believe in ourselves because He believes in us!

Sunday was a beautiful day again and after church we went out for lunch and then to Pearle's 94th birthday.

I figure if dad gets a motor bike like he says he wants I will just have to learn to ride  on at the back!
Yes we are going to look at motor bikes today!

I am thankful I did not have to scrape frost off my car windows.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Dad wants a motor bike? Hmmm. My fire got going yesterday, but the walk never happened. Dogs were kind of put out, but we had running around to do and then I just was too tired after Randy left. Did you get all of your clocks changed? Sandra

beth bennett said...

Most of the clocks got changed; some just stay the same like on the stove until sone one comes along and fixes them too.
Frosty walk this morning.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Not a good idea getting motorbike Dad, but I guess his mind is made up.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Actually I thought some one might have said me riding on the back was not such a great idea!
love mom

Shandel said...

motor bikes scare the crap outta me lol weather i am on it or someone else is....My brother and his wife recently both got their bike licences and motor bikes. and i have not been brave enough to get on the back of either one yet. I think its great to set our goals, intentions and dreams high, but to also be smart about it. Maybe you should go ride with someone who is very experienced and already has all the gear and what not. From the looks of what Chris and Danielle had to do/get, there is a lot to go with it. You are much braver then i! haha
Have a great day.