Saturday, November 2, 2013

GONE

DSCN1399
Gone are the Happy Halloween signs.

Gone are the  excited and happy children knocking at our door.  Instead there are smashed pumpkins and discarded fire crackers and candy wrappers thrown on the ground.  All a part of life.  Life can be messy,  Things do not always work out as we planned.

I left the library happy with my new books but left behind my purse.  The librarian went chasing outside after me.


Gone are our sunny days.  Pouring rain this Sat. morning so a short walk in rain gear!

DSCN1335
Gone are the colorful leaves as one by one they flutter to the ground.

Gone is the extra boast of energy that I had from the medication but I am determined to regain completely my health and strength.

Gone are the days when I know what day it is or when my doctor’s appointment is.

Gone are the days when brave people met at the sign of the fish to become followers of Jesus.

So today Dad and I will be having an early supper with Carol and Sandra at Carol’s apartment.  Everyday seems all the more precious as she will be leaving to return to the Grand Cayman in the New Year.

Yesterday dad and I attended a funeral of a dear friend from church.  I love hearing stories about people that we knew but had never heard before.  Allen will be missed but remembered for all his wonderful gardening jobs he did at the church and for being a kind person.

Gone are the days when I could attend Sat. discussion groups about our future.

Dad is talking about buying a motor bike.

No comments: