Thursday, November 28, 2013

RELENTLESS CRITIQUE

DSCN1604
I will start by being positive about  the spirit of love and friendship I have experience in my life.  I  have found love and peace especially when it seemed my faith was growing dim others would be there to help me.  I found hope and a trusting sense of goodness time and time.

"Love alone is capable of uniting human beings in such a way as to complete and fulfill them;
Love alone takes them and joins them by what is deepest in themselves."   -Pierre  Teilhard Chardin

We are all very human and needed to be loved and accepted as ourselves.  ..we all need to keep a sense of humor. 

Our drive into town went well but the huge parking lot was completely filled.
As we were driving up and around we meet a lot of cars coming down.  A traffic jam in this huge  many levels where cars could not pass going around each corner so one would have to back up to let the other go by.  Great fun!  The next lot was also full.  Then we discovered a parking lot in the same building as the eye clinic was located that we never knew existed.  So we were right in the right building and just had to go in and up the stairs.  His eyes are okay, nothing has changed, so that was good news.

Now there has always been critics of religion and there always will be. 

 What I am saying is that faith does not need religion.

The trouble can be that religion turns into talking when we need to be listening.

  Faith is a gift not a goal or a prize that one can earn. 

 Religion writes Barth can be outward show  and but faith flows out of trust in goodness and love.

There is a lot to be critical as far as religion goes but it has done wonderful things too and also changed a lot of lives.

If one has the answers to all the questions-
that is proof that God is not within him."
Pope Francis

"Flames need oxygen to light
   Flames need a bit of wind
     as  theology needs to put on skin."    -Ann Voskamp   

Yes so what we need a lot of the time is God with Skin on that gives real hugs.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

It is strange, those are the very types of quotes from scripture that turned me off of god and religion. I have turned the corner and am on the mend finally. Gotta get a start on Christmas shopping this weekend. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Glad you are feeling better.

I am looking at my quotes again and find your comment interesting and I know what you mean.

love mom

Anonymous said...

don't get me started on Christmas parking at the Mall...Hope your snow shovel is warmed up as you may get some this week. My wrist is getting better , only sort of hurts on some angles. May try to hit some balls this afternoon.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Glad you are getting in some golf - a great game - but not with a sore wrist - the Canucks got a few good bounces for a change - I think louongo is doing fine!

Anonymous said...

Yes, being positive is a good thing!

I did think the-Mission-Impossible-style-roll-out-under the-sliding-garage-door to be a bit frightening. I really think not trying that again would be a good idea.

God doesn't need skin - he/it is like an onion.

Love,

Rick