Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DETOURS

DSCN1489
Theresa was forces to detour when there was a big pile-up of cars in front of her.  Thankfully she was not one of them and I am reminded to pray for all who are travelling, especially my family.  Dad and I remember many trips through blowing snow and icy roads when we travelled back and forth to Calgary, Saskatoon and Edmonton.

DSCN1469
The world can look bleak when we are faced with detours like old injuries, sickness, stress and disappointments.

Life does not always live up to our expectations.

We count our blessings when we see the tragedies in other parts of the world.  People suffering and losing everything even family.

Sometimes it is hard to say "Yes" to life when there is a voice within that shouts "No".  No to sickness, no to worries, no to anxiety, no to complications and a big  no to fear!  Cold weather and problems will come but I try to trust that good will come out of everything and that since everything has a season this too will pass.

I did go to the vegetable store and dad did get his blood P.S.A. checked..  I had a sick stomach and dad has a sore throat and cold.

Dad has written a story about when he was a young boy about eleven who after struggling through the cold snowy streets collecting money from his paper route set out by bus to buy his mom a Christmas brooch he had already picked out.  By the time he got downtown the store was closed. and he needed to get a return bus home.  He ended up having to walk seven blocks dome but as he was walking home he saw a movement in the snow.  It was a tiny poodle dog which he immediately picked up and put in his jacket to keep it warm.

Hos mother as a young girl had had a small poodle dog which she loved very much.  Imagine her amazement when dad walked in with this tiny dog under his coat.  A night of disaster was changed completely by the warm loving arms of his mom for him and the little dog.

"As I walked along I began to get a feeling that God had really been with me all night"  writes dad as he retells this story.

We do not see that sometimes a detour turns out for the best and yes I believe in a God who goes through cold and difficult times with us.   Yes we often our walking into the unknown but never no never alone!

Rain was falling heavy all day today so dad and I stayed home except for our two little jaunts out, and took turns looking after each other.   This is what love is all about.  We were thankful to be at home and not out driving in traffic and worrying about detours.  We are thankful for all the love in our family!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I skipped my afternoon walk at work. I had been so chilled after the walk the week before in the wind and rain, plus I still have not caught up from the week our computers were down. Maybe today, I think the rain should be gone. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Stay home put your feet up enjoy the fire ... Get ready for the Canucks game tonight.
Ken

Anonymous said...

What a nice story about the little poodle!

Love,

Rick