Saturday, November 30, 2013

LOST

PB280051
I was all organized ready to go Thursday  morning only to discover I went to put my shoes on and one was missing.  I am really trying  to be ready on time, but the harder I try the worse it seems to get.

I feel that I have lost the ability to be organized enough to get anywhere on time.

Anyway this is the bench at the Sylvia where other days we have sat last in thought looking at the ocean.  The sun seemed to disappear and only a weak light could be seen.
PB280054

So many new buildings each one getting taller and taller so that the smaller ones seem lost in between.
PB280052
Lots of happy walkers, joggers and moms with baby buggies and dogs

Lost my camera when I got home.  Dad is getter better at finding things now than I am.

I confess that I have lost interest in a lot of things.
The top of my list right now seems to be Christmas. 
Too many decisions and tasks one feels one should do.
I have lost interest in shopping in crowded busy stores.
I have lost interest in cooking
Things do not turn out as they should, either undercooked or burnt.
I have lost interest in the social gatherings at church.
I feel I should be helping but I just get in the way.
There is a Christmas craft fair at the church today but dad and I will be helping Vera instead
just to give her a break as a care giver,
My writing has gotten worse so finding writing Christmas cards hard.
I do not have any addresses for Tyler, Brittan or Hobie.
But this is just how I am feeling at the present moment.

I will now sing a chorus of "Help" by the Beatles.

I love to read and study.  I love being at home relaxing.  I love being with my family.
I love taking pictures and thinking  of things to writer on my blog.
Reading comments.
I love the Christmas Lights going up on the houses of our street. 
I love the little Japanese Gama who gives me a hug every time we meet.  She speaks no English!
I love visiting with my neighbors as I rack leaves or putter around outside.
I am looking forward to going to see Stewart   McLean Sunday with Carol @ family.
I am looking forward to our U.C.W. Christmas luncheon and of course are Christmas gathering at Sandra and Randy's.

I love to breath and smell the fresh air!

I start writing Christmas cards and Carol dropped by and we had pizza.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

AHHHH, Beth, I hear you! This getting old is not for the faint of heart. It takes a lot of courage to accept the changes we have to go through and to give up many of the things we used to do.

I know you have courage and will find acceptance. I love your brutal honesty because it makes me face things too, that I can easily keep under the carpet.



I too, have lost interest in Christmas, to some degree....making that huge supper for all the family for many years is a huge undertaking now. I keep saying, not next year! BUT when I play for the Christmas Carol Service on Christmas eve and the church is full of friends and family and lots of excited kids...Christmas is very real. I actually get chills...seeing those sweet cherub faces singing like angels.

I read where you have many things you love too...so just do those things and don't feel obligated to do things that are challenging.



I have had to learn to stay home and look after Carl, with his disability he cannot move out of his chair much. I go to Tai Chi, but that is it. I teach music and art from my home...don't travel anymore. I do miss it, but now I can relax more an I am lazy!

We may have to move in to an apartment,because Carl cannot physically do anything around the house and it falls to me...like cleaning eaves troughs, painting, shovelling snow and cutting the lawn. I am finding it hard. BUT we have three pets .....and many places do not accept pets. Soo for the near future we remain here. I hire help.

I forget some things too and can get confused at times...it is really scary isn't it? Good thing we have husbands and we help each other!

Don't worry....things will work out OK!

Maybe you need some help with cooking, like meals on wheels.

Changes are not easy, especially when you are a senior.

I keep you and Larry in my prayers....

love Nancy

Anonymous said...


7
Glenkyree Close
Upper Kedron‎ Qld 4055..is their address.

Did you see on Facebook Brittany got a new job ?
Assistant mgr of the Regatta Hotel .

The kids are very excited , going to Serina 2nd birthday party . They have a jumping castle .
Up early to watch the canucks . Should have stayed in bed..........ugh
Ken

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth:
It's going to be so much fun to see Stuart Maclean with Ben and Morgan. Wish I was coming! I'll se you all soon, back on Tuesday. The two months sure zoomed by fast.

Sandra said...

I am always hopeful that some of the younger ones will kick me out of the kitchen and I can relax at Christmas. I guess I seem like I know what I am doing so they leave me be? I braved Ikea and the mall today, wanted to get the grandkids shopping done. Sandra