Monday, November 18, 2013

INFINITE TRUTH

DSCN1521
The light we have inside ourselves is our own original thoughts, ideas and experiences.  Only the light which burns within us can be an illumination to others too.

This light is always burning every morning when I go through the park.  It is on long after daylight has arrived.  It has a purpose and it does it well.

The mornings are slowly getting darker and colder.  Yes the long underwear and layered clothing takes time to put on but I am thankful when I go out that I have taken the time to do it. Dad stayed home from church with a painful shoulder and also there happened to be two football finals on which were very exciting.

The message at church just happened to be on truth.

"Climbing the mountain of truth, you never climb in vain.  Either you reach a higher point today, or you exercise your strength in order to be able to climb higher tomorrow."  -Fredrich Nietzsche

I think I want people to be completely honest with me, although at times it can be hurtful.  It is also important that I tell the truth and there are certain things I do not like which include prejudice, no sense of humor, and people who refuse to listen to another persons point of view.

After church I had a visit with Jane who like dad and Nancy had not made it to church.  I was glad when Daniel the minister also dropped by to enlighten her about what his sermon had been about, which was about truth.   I was thinking how much I admire Jane's truthfulness!
.
Sometimes we wrestle with the world around us and it takes courage to say or do the right thing.

Later in the day Theresa and Mikie dropped by to pick up their children who had been having a fun weekend with Grandma Carol.  Soccer, shopping, swimming and a movie were all included in their activities.  We enjoyed a long visit with them all.  I couldn't find my camera but maybe it was just as well.

Dad watched the hockey game after everyone left.  Rick phoned and I tried to put it on speaker and hung up on him.  He is use to me by now which is good.

"Even when our eyes cannot see the light of New Life that shines from Jesus we can be comforted by the truth that this light will not be overcome by darkness."  

.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was nice of the Minister to stop by and visit Jane and tell her about the church sermon.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes he is an exceptional person who understands when people are going through difficult times, weather they be small or big.

Nice to have your phone call and hear a little about the wedding of Lean and Craig.

Drive carefully.

love mom

Shandel said...

Sounds like a very eventful weekend. And it sounds like Gramma Carol had an even more eventful weekend. I like discussions on truth, it always reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by the Buddha (which i think i may have shared with you before)
"3 things can not long be hidden, the sun, the moon and the truth"

It has turned quite cold here the past couple days. Feeling close to -25 some mornings. Daisy and i have to shorten our walks until we can find her a good pair of dog boots. Lots of yoga classes this week. My friend Lacie had her baby and now she is on mat leave for a few months. Lots of little girls were born in and around our circle of family and friends.
Hope you have a great day and that Grandpa's shoulder feels better.
XO

Sandra said...

Randy was home this morning so out of my routine, but he did wake up to come walk the dogs with me. I am just hoping he behaves himself at home today. The pills from the hospital may give him a false sense of his back being better.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Did Sandra get her TV. Canucks outplayed the Wild last night should have won, but then again should have capitalised on their chances. Off to do my tax before work, Melina and Jassys may meet me for lunch. Hot and windy.
Ken