Friday, November 22, 2013

THIS TOO WILL PASS



PB190021
Most of the leaves have now been blown off the trees.  But we have the promise of spring, that reminds me to do what I can, with what I have, where I am right now.

Good times come and go
and so will the times of trouble and woe
It helps me to keep a sense of perspective knowing this.

Dad is not feeling the best right now so it was a little hard for me to go visiting, but I was greeted with such happy smiles and brave souls who in telling me their stories remind me of this truth.  Dad had a good rest at home.


PB190033
Sometimes we just need some one to be there with us, to listen and to care, not to fix our problems for us but just let us know we are supported and cared for.  -   The teddy bears are mine!  Words are not!

"You can transcend all negativity when you realize that the only power it has over you is your belief in it."
-Eileen Caddy

The journey is one step at a time at whatever pace I can manage.  For me it means loving the one I am with and going on together with thankful hearts.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Short blog today? I slept better last night so will brave the cold with the doggies this morning. They were very surprised to have Randy take them out last night. Randy says there are finally some Christmas lights showing up. I have been hoping to see some on my morning walks but there never are any. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

How wonderful of you to be so dedicated to your visiting, even when you are not feeling well or the weather is dark and rainy. So sorry to hear Larry is not feeling well...tell him I send healing thoughts! I am getting ready to paint a floral tomorrow with a friend. Really looking forward to it as it has been some time since I painted. I will post a pic if it turns out OK! I have a one day sale in Winnipeg on Thursday,hoping to make some extra $$ for Christmas! Be careful on those dark and rainy walks.
Love to you both, Nancy

Shandel said...

great quote gramma about negativity.i am going to share that today with friends on fb. It is getting very snowy here. we received about 10 cm or more of snow and its still falling lol getting larger flakes by the minute. Looking very winter wonderland ish and Christmas like. hope Grandpa gets lots of rest. love you both

beth bennett said...

I am doing well just worried about dad. I think he is putting to much anti cancer stuff on.

I think Dec. is soon enough for Christmas lights. Usually our street does it all one week-end.

Dad and I are off to the library but I do not know about Vera. Our understanding is she will call if she needs help.

Love the sunshine and dress for our cold which is not all that cold.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Thunder storms and rain this morning. We now have a cat. Some Maggie showed up,at our back door and we feed it, now it won't leave. Not that the kids mind , feeding it and playing with it again this morning. Melina at work and kids watching a movie , I am watching hockey game MTL VS WSH , then canucks start at 2:00pm. I am back to work at 5am tomorrow .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Dad is watching the hockey game too.
Yes once you feed a cat they usually hang around.

lov e mom

beth bennett said...

Good game so far