Tuesday, November 26, 2013

PEACEMAKERS

Blessed are the peacemakers

DSCN1600
DSCN1602
Yes, the neighbors
started putting up Christmas lights on the week-end.  It does brighten up the neighborhood.

Yes dad and I have gotten into an annoying habit of  being negative about some of our annoying habits.  Now, that I am aware of it I will try to stop.  We do a lot of things differently and sometimes it's the little things that are most annoying.  I think I will go to the dollar store and by some little note books to record dates and phone numbers.  Believing I can change takes a lot of faith but I can try.

Christmas will be starting at the church next week with a breakfast before church that the men cook for, but the women shop and organize.  We are to bring a toy.  I do not attend breakfast as getting to church on time has been hard enough for m and pancakes are not on my diet.   I can never find my purse or collection etc. so I will try and get it ready the night before.

Although we are called to be peaceful people, we sometimes kill to protect innocent people and defend pour freedoms through God-ordained wars,  not  Why were the first disciples pacifists who were turned into crusaders by Constantine?

Is it possible to be a Christian and a soldier?

Can violence ever produce peace?

Does nonviolence actually encourage violence in others?

Difficult, complicated and agonizing questions.

All wars have been fought to end all wars!  The defeated, or their ancestors, dream of revenge.
"Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."-   Robin Meyers

Does the church realize it is not a collection of people who all look alike?

Ronald Reagan established the prevailing military strategy of our time call it "Peace Through Strength.  While Jesus reminds us the Kingdom of God is not of this world because he came to build a Kingdom of peace.  The Kingdom of this world is built on injustice and violence and superiority of those in power.  Jesus was a non-violent revolutionary and in his fight against authority and corruption  and cruelty was crucified or like our minister said I think God died so Jesus could live on in our hearts. 

Humanly we withstand the storms of life with war and famine, disaster and loss so as we come together in community the spirit of compassion and peace can live.

Dad is feeling a bit better and went for a walk in the Watershed yesterday.  Me I was up to my ears with laundry and then some work in the yard.  Just catching up. 

Jesus said:  " Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you."  John 14 :27

Off to the cancer clinic today  a sad place to have to go and makes you realize how much you have to be thankful for!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Hard to get up today, only took the dogs to the mail box and back. But I was too tired to get dressed so tucked my nightie into a pair of yoga pants, threw on a jacked and out we went. I did not even put socks, hat or gloves. That was a mistake! Well, I will have to start feeling better soon I am sure. Very deep subjects today.It is hard to comment or comprehend seeing how as we are so blessed to be pretty untouched by war. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Good news everyone is feeling better.My work mates daughters friend has skin cancer ( 20 years old)on the eye , and has been given 6-12 mths to live .Very sad .
I am on day 4 of earlies , back 3am tomorrow for my last one , weekend off , then late shifts next week.
Ken
PS Canucks played well with momentary laspes ..tough loss ..

beth bennett said...

Ken that is so sad. Can they not just remove it? If you tell me her name I will pray for her and her family.
That shift work must be hard on you.
Love to the family
love mom