Wednesday, November 27, 2013

RADICAL FAITH

DSCN1587
My walk yesterday.  Nancy I do not know flowers at all well and sometimes take a picture on my walk.  Cold walking in the morning and if I wait till 7 it is getting light.

Radical faith is accepting uncertainly but keeping on, keeping on!

DSCN1563
Dad and I went to the cancer clinic about his PSA . Everything is okay for now!  But what a comedy of errors  There were big signs everywhere saying to pay your parking ticket. Dad had  few choice words about that, one of his pet peeves.  The only pay station was a couple of blocks away so I  went to pay while dad headed into the building.  It demands my license number which I have not a clue about.  So I head back and am digging in my purse hoping for a pen and paper when a lady walks by and goes over to a small pay station hidden by the bushes but in front of our building.

So I am sure it must be the right one.  To start with their is a sign that says the office is closed and then this only takes credit cards, which I do not have.  I have to go find him and get him to come out and work the machine.  All this for a ten minute session with the doctor.  Thankful that they doctor says ne is doing fine.

Then we did a bit of shopping and stopped for lunch at the White Spot.  They have a gluten-free menu and also an founder's menu which is smaller selection and smaller portions but that suites dad fine.

Home again I have a nap and dad goes on the computer.  Later dad went for a walk in the Water shed and it was getting darker and darker as he got twisted around heading in the wrong direction.

Radical faith is what I need in times of worry and stress.
 
Christianity can be seen as being about creation, forgiveness, compassion and love that flows from the heart of a loving presence.  I as a Christian have been called to embody this love and compassion in my world.  Radical faith calls us to listen and care for everyone .Faith stirs up in me the desire to worship with a sense of  wonder and always with humility.
 
 Our Jetlag  group collects food for the food bank all year long and diapers and baby food.  Faith has given me faith in myself and in the goodness of others of all faiths.
 
I could not open the front door to go out in the morning.  So decided to go out through the garage door. I opened the door and then closed it and tried to make it out before it closed again.  I barely made it and went flying out landing on cold cement.  Nothing was hurt because I have so many clothes on!  I hope nobody saw me.  It was early and still dark thank goodness.

Faith comes not from belief buy from "a feeling of absolute dependence."     -F.Scheirmacher
\it is not a closed door system made up of beliefs.
 
Faith is the key to hope and keeps it alive for me!

7 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, you sure do get in to some predicaments!I am chuckling at the idea of you and the garage door ...but that could have been serious! I wonder what the neighbours thing. You must be careful!

The charges for parking at the clinic and hospitals are outrageous.They certainly don't make things easy either. Carl had an appointment for an infusion for his rheumatoid arthritis yesterday and it cost him $16...for 5 hours. He had $10 in change and had to use a credit card too...good thing there was a security guard there to help him as he cannot do that. Usually I am with him, but wasn't feeling well yesterday.

Glad you didn't have to send out the search party for Larry! I take my cell phone when I go for a walk....it might be an idea for both of you. It is a cell phone made for seniors...called DORO. It has an emergency button on the back that will dial a number for you. It has larger numbers and a number of other features....just $70 to buy. It is good for Carl as he cannot get up is he falls and he falls fairly often.
It is really looking like Christmas here....snow laden trees and more falling snow to shovel.
So glad the appointment for Larry brought good news!
Have a wonderful day. Love Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

Forgot to say that I don't have a cell phone contract, just go month to month with Rogers...$35.

Sandra said...

I read your blog this morning but too tired to comment. I broke down and took cough medicine last night. Hate the stuff, makes me sick and I still feel groggy this morning. Why wouldn't the front door open? You do know you have the back patio doors as an option. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra and Nancy Lou
You do have to rest. This bug is miserable.
I am still very tired and come home worn out by my walk, even though it is shorter.
The only thing that helps coughing is codeine.
Yes we both have cell phones but I gave mine to Kim because I had trouble hear it or answering it.
Dad bought me a little hat that lights up so he can take that into the woods.
love

nancy-Lou said...

I am concerned about Sandra....if you are coughing up mucus that is yellow you need to get on an antibiotic...I waited too long and ended up with pneumonia and that sure takes a lot of you. Hope you get better...that cough is racking and so hard on one. Wishing you better soon, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes I agree I have asked her but no comment from her. I had yellow mucus that is why I was put on antibiotics and also had a chest x-ray.

Yes I still feel very worn out and had a chill again this morning.

I will phone her tomorrow after we get back from town.

love beth

Anonymous said...

good news dads psa levels are good . ken