Saturday, November 30, 2013

THE ETHICS OF COMMUNICATION


DSCN1554
:Raindrops keep falling on my head"  all day Saturday.
Dad watched the hockey game but got bored and turned it off then went back again.

Dad and I went to sit with Howard and he was pretty good .
Still very hard to move him from his wheel-chair to his big recliner.

It is still very sad for us because many of the people are close to our age.  The amazing thing is most of them are exceptionally cheerful.

I walk by this church on my morning walks.  I know it is a building that has been turned from a restaurant into a church because it now has a cross. 
Symbols communicate facts to us and is one way we communicate.

Communicating the meaning of faith requires myths, parables, stories and relearning by listening and reasoning,
Some things I believe but I do not like the idea that I have to believe in certain things to prove I am a Christian believer.  This is called dogma and I understand it had it's place where faith in Jesus was being expressed in so many different ways.  The feelings that come when I put my faith and trust in The Beloved are powerful

"A person whose faith is based on Trust rather than Certainty is easy to spot in this world of self-importance nonsense.  First they are humble, show to judge, gives the benefit of doubt to others.

They sense the bravado of others, around the corners of the ego and into the heart of their brokenness-just as I understand my own brokenness".     -the Underground Church

Believing can be a intellectual activity that does not require living out that belief.

"Faith, in contrast, is an orientation toward the mystery of God, best understood by many as unconditional love, not a list of demands   Faith requires faith.  Faith is energy that opens our hearts to trust and to believe.

Certainty removes the need for faith.
Christians will often have different opinions about what is important to believe.  It is important not to create idols to explain religious ideas but too often that has happened.  What is important is our actions and my attitude!

What is the most important ingredient in all human and godly relationships is Trust.  I must not lie to myself or to others or to God.

Time for Heartbeat
So ended the sixth day!

Looking forward to going to Stewart McLean tomorrow.  If I go to church I will need a short nap.

4 comments:

beth bennett said...

Had a brief phone call from Ken when we arrived hone. They were off to a birthday party. I guess it is school break now.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, dogma is the bad stuff. Jesus was constantly (almost every page) of being in conflict with the dogma of his age. So ironical that the Catholic Church went on to construct the biggest pile of dogma the world has ever seen, all in the name of Jesus.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Thanks Rick. I guess we agree.
love mon

Anonymous said...

No it was the weekend , Sunday . School finishes on the 10Dec or there a bouts for JEsse ,Matthew May have a few more days.
KEN