Sunday, June 29, 2014

COMFORTABLE

DSCN2903
I had a short walk to the park this morning even though it was raining.

DSCN2891
Rain was predicted and they were right and consequently the pool party was changed to Tuesday and we were all happy because more of the family would be able to come.  Carol and Panteli will be back home as will Theresa and the children back from the States.  Rick is willing to drive down from Kamloops.  Anyway we will wait and see who turns up.

I am getting comfortable with the knowledge that others have thought I was a little strange.  I fine it hard to believe but I hope I do not change too much I may not like any new me!  I have rewritten this many times but I will just leave it as it is.

Dad and I have had a more comfortable day.  We quite like a nice
peaceful day.  Dad did work hard getting our printer to work which is very temperamental.  This is when dad’s patience is really tested so after that I am hardly a challenge at all.

To be aware of the sense of wonder that surrounds us!
     to be gentle and kind, and find purpose in the small tasks in life
           To be fair and generous to others makes  one see how "routines can create the illusion of stability"     Azar Nafisi
DSCN2904

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Good to see you had a nice quiet day. I am slowly trying to get my lap top to work again. It can be very frustrating so I can see how dealing with you afterwards would be a pleasure! Mitch and Brittany drive home to Edmonton today. Adena and Riley are off to Seattle for the day. Randy and I are going to do some serious relaxing! Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad you had a restful day.

I called yesterday but Dad said you were sleeping. So I had a good chat with Dad.

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

Hope you guys have a beautiful Canada Day. We are expecting some very nice weather +27. today is raining and cloudy and dark. It rained hard over night and i have to quickly close the windows. Sad to miss Stand up paddle board class but better to listen to the weather reports and be safe then sorry. We are going to go Tuesday too. We are counting down the days to our visit. look forward to it very much. enjoy your quiet time lots of love
Shandel

beth bennett said...

That is good Sandra that you and Randy are resting up after a busy time.

I know everything will be perfect on Tuesday.

Love mom