Thursday, June 12, 2014

PILLS AND PRAYER

P6111276
Both are needed and are helping.  This is our yard early in the morning.  So much work needs to be done.  I will do some because dad drove himself and wants to come right home.  I was very worried when he was late in coming home.  The doctor had cut a piece out of his thumb and treated his nose and a few other spots.

Worked very hard in the yard with cleaning up old lumber, does Randy want any?  Cut the lawn and water and pulled out all the weeds Sandra forgot to take!

In the afternoon visited Gundy and Lily separately. Gundy is much happier because a Mormon family has adopted her.  They take her to church, where she goes to a beginners class, they cut her lawn and drop by to bring her bread and things.

I learned a lot from Lily with her very badly broken hip.  The doctor does not want her to use a cane anymore as she will come to depend on it.  She has been told to be conscious of walking straight and not leaning to one side, which I do.  I have to concentrate when I am walking to take big steps and keep my back straight.
P6111277

Watching hockey again to-night.  I am not sure who I want to win but the game is fast and exciting and I even manage to stay awake.  More or less. 
One more game Sandra.  New York or L.  A.

One more visiting with Jim and the gang!



So much work needed to be done around here but everything takes time and patience.
P6111280

Lots of flowers to enjoy in the garden just have to take time to water them. I have missed dad helping with making the bed and doing the dishes and taking out the garbage but he should rest a lot to get better.

Looks like a nice day today although it may rain which is okay with me.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

I am starting to get weeds of my own so don't need to take any more of yours. I would think doing all that gardening work it would be hard to stay awake. Randy went to graveyards so we were both to bed early. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Racoons tried very hard to get into garbage and woke us up.
Hard for me to go back to sleep but am fortunate that \I can,
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to you both. May you feel better soon, Larry. I hope you continue to feel stronger Beth.

Isn't that great that Gundy is happier...the Mormans do a lot of good for lonely older folks. They did the same for an elderly lady here too.

My yard has lots of weeds...it was looking so sad, because I was too sick to do any spring clean up or plant anything...but I am getting stronger and planted the boxes on my deck, with veggies. Bought a beautiful strawflower plant..wish I could post a pic here...it is white with a yellow eye.
Sometimes it is good to continue to use a cane too...if you need it.
Carl is getting a new othotic...a brace for his fused ankle. He was casted for it yesterday. He has fallen a few times because he has no flex in the ankle. We are so thankful for our Manitoba health care...the will pay the $2,200. The woman who fitted him said BC and Alberta often refuse to pay...so she moved here from Calgary for work.
I hope you have a good day visiting.....
love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Oh, and what are we doing Sunday for Fathers Day?

Anonymous said...

We will be watching Australia at the World Cup...... you guys can cheer for us as Canada didn't make it again...lol.
Ken