Sunday, June 22, 2014

STILLNESS

DSCN5012
Dad and I had a short visit on Skype with Tyler and his girlfriend Aislinn who are visiting Ken and Melina and the family.  The connection was not that good but it was fun just to see them for a short time.    Also a very noisy background!Tyler plans to come here around Christmas time as that is when he has time off.  Melina was busy cooking breakfast and I smelt the bacon all the way here.  The children look like they have all grown so much.  We saw one of the cats peeking in the window.

Our house seems so still after the family leaves.  Lots of good food has filled our tummies and still plenty left in the frig. 

I  find it difficult to still my mind because little thoughts keep jumping in.   

Stillness happens when I focus on breathing in and breathing out and with each breath be thankful for all that I am.

DSCN2493I watch this bird for a long time and it does not move at all even when I try to get a little closer.  So still gazing out at the water and very unaware of any other creatures around.
I wonder just what he may be looking at.

I enjoyed my walk around the little pond and see the ducks with their heads under their wings trying to sleep and keep warm.

There is to be a baby christened at church today which is really the parents promising to love and cherish their little ones.

"May serenity circle on silent wings and catch the whisper of the mind."  - Cheewa Modoc

There is stillness in the beauty of nature as we journey through each day.

5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Christenings can be good, but they should be kept short or else the babies often start to fuss.

Maybe we should send Christopher to Australia to find a girlfriend.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Is Tyler going to bring his girl friend? I hope we don't miss seeing him as we plan on going to Ontario. Finally got out of my driveway yesterday. it has been a very noisy weekend with all the yard work going on next door. They are putting in artificial turf in their back yard. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Artificial turf? Geeesh what next!

I think the Heron is concentrating on fishing! They are such interesting birds.

The bear paid us a visit again,last night. He knocked down and broke my new hummingbird feeder a large glass one. I didn't think he could reach that high. He broke apart our wooden bird feeder the last time he was here. DRATS! The poor hummingbird is hovering where the feeder hung. I am cleaning an old one to hang out. higher!

Wouldn't that be nice, to have a grandson from Australia come for a visit at Christmas?

What a lovely quote...about serenity. We are so fortunate to have you do the reading and pick out the best parts and share with us!

Have a lovely Sunday.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Humming birds are so beautiful I really love them. That was a notty bear, They will come after
Christmas the Aussies for about a month I believe.
Glad you finally escapes!
love mom

beth bennett said...

Yes Chris could go home with them. Why not he is young and free and ready for adventure!

Love mom