Tuesday, June 3, 2014

DELUSIONAL

DSCN5049
At our group discussion, Sunday night, we talked about the young people and their disillusion with the church its leaders and especially religion.   Our children show very little interest in God or the church.  Talking about spirituality is more acceptable than a belief in the unknown taught by arrogance leaders, (not mine)  or T.V. evangelists.

 Is even  an honest atheist is better than an self-righteous fool?  Maybe?

The church has become a dusty dreary place where the music is slow and the prayers and sermon boring in their eyes.  So sad when Christians who find light in their darkness dam others to hell.  The claim is their light is the only light.  That is what I call delusional.

DSCN5052
It is good for us to be with such good friends and share our lives and our thoughts.  Dad had to walk too far from his car for our meeting and his feet were and are very  painful so that was  a bad start.  I have not done any of the reading as I did  not feel  like it.

The book is about Creation Theology and probably would be more attractive to the young.  It is hard now to share my beliefs in traditional Christian language because of what I call abuse of the fundamentalists in all languages.

I believe in the grace and mercy of God and in His unconditional love, which includes forgiveness and blessings.   I use His but I could use creating energy, or the Universe or Spirit. The book was about Creational by Bruce Saquine who has a blog I believe.

Dad and I were both tired yesterday although he did work on the path to the shade deck after going to the store to get more blocks!

I got my hair cut and also went to Save-On-Foods.  The man next in line offered to carry my two bags out to the car for me; but the sales lady called some one over and I young girl walked with me.  The reason  must be my good looks which I share with my daughters!  and grand daughters!
and great grand daughters! !  Or maybe it was my new hair cut!  Lots of helpful and kind people.

Howard has been moved to a nicer, newer place and Vera is extremely happy.  Leah is also still taking care of him to give Vera time to do other things. 

If I have been of service,
If I have glimpsed more of the nature and essence of ultimate good,
If I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action,
If I am at peace with myself it has been a successful day.   -Alen Noble

5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Young people seem to be disillusioned about many things, politics and idealism as much as religion. I suppose these things go in waves.

It is nice you had so many offers of assistance at the grocery store!

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Love your sunrise pictures, very nice. Got off to a bad start this morning on my walk. Turned around and made the dogs wait for an hour before I took them out again before I left for work. Sandra

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beth bennett said...

Sandra what happened.
Police car at our neighbors across the street behind Browns.
Dad and I are having a lazy day,
love mom

beth bennett said...

Actually it was a sun set picture as we drove home from Nick and Drena's place. Did you make the first one big it is interesting.

I will pick up your vitamins in the morning.

love mom