Saturday, June 14, 2014

ONE MNUTE

P6111283
One minute I was planning what to make when Jane and her hubby arrive.  I put some eggs on to boil.  I am feeling confident and hopeful.  The next minute I start to feel my head aching and my legs aching again.

One minute or two later Jane is off shopping for us.  We are so blessed to have such good friends.  Deep gratitude for good old friendships!

One minute I was praying for her and now she is praying for me.

I know that I am not in any medical danger but I wish I knew if it was normal to be feeling this yucky.
If I every write a book I would write about the battles I have had with health so that maybe others could find encouragement and knowledge about what to expect the day after.

Maybe I should have been patient at the hospital until the doctor could come and maybe answer a few questions.  But I just could not stay in that bed one minute more.  I had had it.  On the way out past the beds of many very sick people I have a minute of gratitude.

I am going to stop thinking and worrying and become Beth the  fat and happy Buddha!

Maybe if I can take even a minute and meditate on all the good things and the good people in my life that will help.

I will enjoy the good food that Jane has provided and the gluten-free brownies dad bought yesterday!

A minute to be totally and completely thankful!  !

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, that is too bad that you did not feel up to cooking. But then, I thought you had decided to go out rather then cook? Randy and I will bring something over for lunch tomorrow, easier then going out on crowed fathers day. Hang in there. Sandra

Shandel said...

Hope you are doing better today. Why did you end up in a hospital bed? You could be Beth the fat happy buddha there is nothing wrong with that. lol you have a great sense of humor and i love that you never lose that. even when you are mad or upset. I get phases of times where i dont wanna cook either. It is something that bugs me through out the summer. as its more fun to sit on a patio with a cold drink then it is to stay home and cook for yourself and do the dishes. I have not been able to encourage Cameron to cook for me, he will help but not do all the work. OH well.
Have a happy weekend and enjoy Father's Day. Happy Father's Day Grandpa. Our card is going to be late. I am never on top of things. Simones gift is late too :P

nancy-Lou said...

Sorry to hear that you are not well Beth...it is so very frustrating to not be able to do the things you would like to. Something I am learning too! But I am on the mend...it just will take time.
Just "go with the flow" as I tell my watercolour students...take it easy. Winnipeg has a "meals on wheels" for seniors that is very reasonable and there are some private companies that also offer meal delivered on a daily basis. One company is $8.95 for a supper meal.
We are going out for supper tonight to a restaurant nearby, where our granddaughter is the manager. Taking Carl out for Father's day.
It is pretty darned cold here this morning and rainy..8C....I had to turn on the heat in the music studio, so I can teach soon.
Crazy darned weather. this is the ninth month of below normal temps....we are thinking it may be the norm now...hope not!
Take care, Larry and Beth,
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Hi Shandel
I had a Transient Ischemic Attach or a TIA which is a short term lack of blood supply to the brain.
Normal damage to the brain is usually does not show up on scan. It has affected my walking and talking and the worse part is it may be a warning for a major stroke. My mother had several and the last one paralyzed her and it was very sad to see her in that condition. It drains me of energy but I am better today.
All I can do is take a small asperin and go see my own doctor. I am back using a cane. Very fortunate . Thanks for asking. Another cool wet day today but I did a small walk.
love grams

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra I started out planning what we could eat and all the things I needed to shop for and dad suggested we just eat out. So we did change our minds.
See you to-morrow.
love mom.