Thursday, June 5, 2014

THE VISIT

P6041225

This is the entrance to Howard’s new Home.


P6041228P6041231
There is a lovely garden outside.

P6041229
This place is so much nicer than the old shabby place he was in before.
The most important thing is the staff and they were all cheerful and helpful.  There was also a library and a small store that sold a variety of useful things as well as coffee.

Vera had just given Howard a drink of coffee before we arrived to walk him up.  He responded a little bit as we chatted together.  Vera was expecting the doctor and was very thankful that Leah arrived in time to be in on the conversation.  Leah is a wonderful help to them and Vera is so very thankful for her.

While we were waiting dad got in conversation with the lay-chaplain and made it clear to her that he had also been a lay-chaplain but he is not a Christian, even though he acts like one when he is visiting.  He is a good listener and has a caring heart.  He also he was admitted because the head chaplain knew me and thought he must be a good guy.

We took Vera out for lunch and she is a lot of fun and full of stories about Saskatoon our home town when we were growing up.  The menu said that at 4 you could have a dinner for a lesser price and it included soup and ice cream for desert.  After the waitress left Vera called her back to say it did not make sense and since we were paying more the soup and ice cream should be included right then.  The waitress just smiled and brought it to  us.  I really admire Vera she is such a good sport about it all and it certainly has not been easy for her.

It was a fun day but as soon as we got home dad went out to his shade deck and I had a rest and then went and picked up the vitamins for Sandra.

"Integrate what you believe into every single area of your life."   -Meryl Streep

I cannot believe it is Thursday already!

 If we can see the good in others and be generous and kind, honest and faithful we are growing inwardly as well as outwardly.


4 comments:

Sandra said...

That does look like a very nice bright place. You found the naturopath OK? I got distracted and almost forgot to call Sandra Oh, and thank you!

beth bennett said...

yes I found her and she seems like a lovely person. Who knows I may even pay her a visit.
Your welcome.
love mom

Leah said...

Grandma what are u doing blogging at 3:48am?! Anyways, I'm sure you will happy to hear I called in sick to Vera today and went to the doctor. Figured it was time since my face was throbbing and I couldn't hear out my left ear. Turns out I have a double ear infection and a sinus infection and have been put on some antibiotics :)

beth bennett said...

Yes you should have listened to me I was going to say something yesterday but did not get the opportunity.
That is very painful so let me know how you are doing.
love grama